“What a find !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Season's Greetings
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
West Hartford, Connecticut
“What a find !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

The Residence Inn Amelia Island has the friendliest staff ! We loved the location 1 block from the the Beach. It might be the best beach on the East Coast of Florida. The pool area and fire pit are very nice. We even used the putting green. The hotel is new, the rooms have large flat screen TV's, full kitchens all nicer than home. They offer free bike rentals. We rode everywhere. We rented Kayaks and did the Amelia River Cruise. Ft. Clinch was a civil war fort, really neat. Amelia Island is my favorite Florida destination. Lots of good restaurants, charming downtown.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I think the room is nice,but there was a strong prejudice and discrimination against as members of a yellow race.Most of the staff avoided making eye contact with us and murmur under their breath 'jap'.
Actually, I am a silver elite member of Marriot because I am a frequent user.I have never experienced such a demeaning treatment.
I asked the clerk if I would stay three more night,the reply was 'I am so very sorry, but we are sold out the next 4 nights. If anything does happen to open up I will let you know immediately.' I was just wondering I would like to check the availability via the Internet.I was devastated by her lies.There are some vacant rooms. Aside from the discrimination, it's very comfortable."

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Imhiding208, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Please contact me at your earliest convenience concerning your stay.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night only on my way to So. Carolina. I was impressed by the updated suites and amenities. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen seemed to have everything one would need to make a small meal. There is a Publix up the street where you can buy provisions. Our suite was clean but had a strange smell. A scented candle I brought took care of the smell.
We used the wireless internet service and it was great. However, the only cell service we could get was sitting right against the window.
We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and exercise room. The staff was friendly and helpful when asked a question.

The continental breakfast is nice - the morning we were there, a large family group of 20+ took over the breakfast area and wouldn't let anyone else use the waffle makers. Their bad behavior was not the fault of the hotel, but I do believe a staff member should have monitored the area more closely.

I didn't realize how far the hotel was from the beach - I would think small children, elderly or disabled people might have a hard time walking to the beach.

We had dinner at Arte and loved it. Great pizza & pasta, in a no-frills setting w/phenomenal customer service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Large, fully equiped, modern, attractive rooms and good rates are a winning combination. Looking forward to our next stay in October 2010.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the experience was fantastic! I am very particular about room cleanliness and I have absolutely no complaints. The hot breakfast was wonderful with various items to choose. The staff was very helpful to recommend restaurants and sights. The full kitchen is a great bonus. The hotel is a short walk to the main beach (cooler with wheels is recommended). We have decided this is “our place to stay” when we return to Fernandina.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our party: 3 18year olds and myself (mom)
Purpose for trip: Graduation / birthday present for my daughter

1st impression of Residence Inn: Very nice - great location to the beach. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in took less than 5 minutes

Room: 1 bedroom suite:
Pros: Very roomy, plenty of room for 4 females and lots of luggage. The kitchen was a huge plus. We bought drinks, snacks, and stuff to make lunch with. The beds and bedding are amazing! No trouble sleeping. Very quite. We did not hear anyone around us. The shower was nice - good water pressure and spacious. There are shelves above the toilet to put your stuff in. I love little details like that.
Cons: The room was clean but I did find chip crumbs under the table and there were a few stains on the carpet. Not a big deal - Im a clean freak and notice stuff like that. There needs to be a sliding door between the dressing area / bathroom and bedroom so you do not distrube people (teenagers) that are still in bed sleeping. Our room was cleaned one time and I had to ask for that. We had to keep asking for towels. I thought our room should be serviced every day but maybe it's their policy. Again, not a big deal , I just have cleaning issues. We had trouble with our cell service in our rooms. It was not a big deal to me but it was to teenagers.

Hotel in general:
Pros: Staff was excelent. Everyone spoke to us and were very courtous. The pool was nice and had plenty of towels. It's a salt water pool. The seating area outside was very cool. We ordered pizza one night and sat around the fire pit and relaxed. There was a cookout one night. We didnt eat there but it sure smelled good. The breakfast every morning was delecious. Not just cereal and muffins but real breakfast. We loved making our own waffles. There are bikes that you are allowed to borrow. We enjoyed this so much. We took 2 long bike rides. We rode all over the island. I loved that my 18 year olds weren't too cool to enjoy this. They loved it!
No cons!

Amelia Island:
We loved the small town feel. The beach was so close to us. I walked there every morning and looked for shells. This is the best beach for shells. I brought home a ton. I would advise not to boil them in your room. I stunck up the whole second floor. Tie them up in a bag and wait till you get home. This is a great place to take beach pictures. The sand dunes are perfect. The ocean was great for swimming - not a big undertow. We did a lot of buggieboarding. There was a cute putt -putt course down the street. That was fun. I think it was $6.75 per person. We ate one night at Barbara Jeans. Try the crab cakes. It was kindda expencive but good. We ate at an Italian place downtown but I cant remember ther name. I think it was Pompai. It was okay but not great.
My favorite thing about Amelia Island was walking on the beach. The sand was not so soft that you sink in every step. This is a great place to relax and just hang out on the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

The rooms are extraordinarily clean and exceptionally well styled, I could live here! The staff is always friendly and helpful. The price is right. The location is convenient, easy to find, and just blocks from the beach. The grounds are beautifully kept and very clean. We saw more wildlife in the parking lot than the hiking trails! The pool area is great for relaxing, we even cooked out one night at the community grill. Even though it is a national chain, Residence Inn Amelia Island has a very local feel. We intend to go back again and again, and actually extended our stay during our most recent trip because we liked it so much.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island? Share your experiences!