“Large rooms with kitchen, value for the price, ok location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mistletoe Wishes
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
“Large rooms with kitchen, value for the price, ok location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The rooms are large but nothing fancy. For +/- $100 a night it is a good value but I would not pay much more. They offer a "full" breakfast but when we tried to take advantage of this two different mornings, the breakfast room was so packed that we could not get close to the food areas. They offer a free shuttle to old town - great service. This is needed because there are only a couple of restaurants within a reasonable walking distance of the hotel. The beach is about a block away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel.

I'm happy to see that our accommodations met your needs. It did get pretty busy over Thanksgiving week - I apologize that you weren't able to fix a breakfast plate! If you stay with us again and it's that busy, we are happy to reserve a plate for you and have it ready for you so that you can enjoy our complimentary breakfasts.

You touched upon possibly my favorite amenity - our free island shuttle. It's a great way to get around, especially because of our shuttle drivers and how knowledgeable they are about the area.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have you again soon!
Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Grant, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Residence Inn to enjoy Amelia Island. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They upgraded our room at no additional cost and when my husband told them it was my birthday they delivered wine and chocolate to our room. :)
The housekeeping staff was exceptionally helpful and courteous as well and the room was very clean and comfortable. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste but that was not a huge issue.
A BBQ dinner was provided on the first night and a full breakfast was served each morning.
The exercise room has top notch equipment and we were also delighted to find that there is a nice walking/bike trail right outside the back gate.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel!

We're so honored that you and your husband chose to stay with us during your birthday getaway! I know our staff was glad to send up chocolates and wine to help celebrate. It sounds like you really took advantage of many of our best amenities, and I always love to see that!

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we'll see you next time!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Recently we visited the Residence Inn on Fernandina and it was a wonderful experience, Not only were the accommodations excellent, but the staff made us feel like "family". Kudos to the management and particularly to Charlene and Dottie who made sure we were well taken care of.

Looking forward to returning in the near future..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! I am so glad to see that you had a great time, and I passed your compliments to Charlene and Dottie at our team huddle the other day!

Thanks again and we'll see you next time!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

During my recent stay on Amelia Island for a business conference, we stayed at this location. The staff was courteous and service was great. In the evening there was a "chili cook-off" with music and refreshments. Breakfasts here were the real deal. No plastic eggs. One morning had custom omelets, there were always waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, fruit, cereal, bacon, oatmeal, etc. if you walked away hungry it was your own fault. The rooms were very comfortable. One note. It was windy during our stay as a front was coming through. The windows need some real attention. Air leaks and seals did not work as they should have. Other than that we had an excellent visit. I'd stay there again anytime.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Chili Cook-off! I know I did, and I competed in the chili pepper eating contest! Whoo I don't know if I'd recommend that in the future though haha. It was a great time for sure though, and benefitting the American Cancer Society.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you back soon.
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed one night for a business trip. I drove from South FL so I ended up arriving at 2am. The front desk was open, the check in was quick and easy. I didn't get to have breakfast in the morning but it was included. The internet was included and very fast, no code was needed except for the room number. The rooms were very big fully equipped with a kitchen, a living room, a small dinning table and a bed. The bathroom was really clean and the toiletries were good quality including Paul Mitchell shampoo. There was iced water infused with limes at the entrance as well as a delicious seasonal apple cider at all times. The check out was super fast and the staff incredibly friendly.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and happy that you were able to recharge during your business trip. I have grown to love the infused water so much that I've started making it at home! So refreshing.

Safe travels, and we'll see you next time!
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I can not say enough about after spending 4 days at this great hotel .Every where you walk the staff was so upbeat and friendly and you talk about helpful,"wow" they would make sure you had a smile on your face and go the extra mile to insure that your stay was a 5 stars stay. I would like to add a special complement to Donna the manager of the house keepers. Special is what we thought about her, she has a warm southern charm and funny side about about made running into each day a real pleasure. If your looking for a great place to lay your head down, then I would highly recommend this hotel. Your surrounded by shops, fine dinning and great bars.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that over looks the water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel! We have a truly great staff here and I will pass along your compliments!

Safe travels, and hope to see you again soon,
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here last weekend while the Florida/Georgia game was happening. We were actually here for my cousin's wedding. I attend Texas A&M University and enjoyed the conversations we had with other guests and staff about our maroon t shirts! The hotel staff is wonderful, personable, happy, and welcoming! Everyone is willing to go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. The rooms are huge and lovely. We really enjoyed our time and next time we are in Amelia Island, we will be staying there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! Florida/Georgia is an exciting weekend for the island and Jacksonville - and to have a wedding going on as well, wow!

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,
Casey

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island? Share your experiences!