“First Timers - hope we go back very soon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Fernandina Beach
London, United Kingdom
“First Timers - hope we go back very soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for 6 days in July at Residence Inn - two adults and two teens sharing a suite. We stayed on the first floor, even though we had no pets, and we enjoyed our stay so much. Breakfast was included with our room rate.
The layout of our suite was fantastic - both bedrooms have their own doors and large en-suite's which makes life a great deal easier travelling with teens! Spotless on arrival, it was also close to an excellent resident's laundry room. I was amazed to find that a hotel which was so busy and welcomed pets and small children, was so quiet! The staff were friendly, welcoming and offered free beech chairs on loan on a first come-first served basis. The breakfast is pretty basic and very busy, so go early and be prepared to do it all yourself. Five minutes walk from the beach - its location is ideal and there is plenty of free parking even at busy times. A little shop selling sweets, beer and cold drinks is a great idea in the lobby. There is also a free mini-van to take you to the beach if you don't want to walk.
My only small criticism was that on two days I had to ask for our room to be cleaned as it was missed out in the morning, but once I told reception it was done quickly. Sitting out on the front porch on a rocking chair with a drink and a book was heaven. Well done Residence Inn - you all do a great job.

Room Tip: Don't be put off the ground floor because they allow pets - we found it was fine. Air condition...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I am always interested to read the reviews of those who stay for a few days at a time with us, because they have been able to settle in and really evaluate our property and staff. I'm so glad we passed the test!

You nailed it with your description of our front porch - it's my favorite spot on the property and I go there myself to disconnect for a bit. I'm so glad you found your "spot" during your stay.

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels!

823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Bayville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn for several days in July 2013. The care, service, room, amenities and surroundings were first rate. I will be returning to Amelia Island and will only stay at this Residence Inn. Complimentary breakfasts and dinners were offered and they were excellent. Our suite was brand new and 100% immaculate. Everything was comfortable and the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. Charlene was particularly helpful, offering up sightseeing tips, driving directions and dining advice. All in all, I wish I was back there right now. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife & I (and our Chorkie Dog) thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Marriott R.I. in Fernandina. We had a 1-bedroom suite on the first floor, which was exceptionally clean (especially for a pet-friendly hotel). Our dog loved the Egan's Creek trail, which was right there at the hotel. The beach was only a very short walk away, as was a DeNucci's, which is a great little place for ice cream and lunch. Those who travel with pets know how vital it is for a hotel to be accommodating of their pet, and this hotel passes with flying colors! They only allow pets on floors 1 and 2, so if you are traveling without a pet ask for a room on floor 3 or above if you are worried about noise. HOWEVER, I will say that we NEVER heard a single peep out of any dog when we were in our room throughout the our entire stay. That is awesome. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad that you and your Chorkie enjoyed your stay with us!

I love DeNucci's, their Harvest Chicken Salad is my favorite!

And you're right - our pet guests are very well-behaved, most of the time we don't even know they're there!

Thanks again, and we hope to have you again soon,
maitland, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

No Basketball at this property a Residence Inn Trademark. They offered a golf putting green instead of Basketball. You can see the Beach Parking From the Front Entrance of this hotel which only means 2 blocks away walking distance to be laying in the sand. A Dairy Queen was across the street for late night Ice Cream and there was a several mile hiking trail through the woods that was located out the back of the property that I hiked with my family while staying here. They also had a free beer and wine social when we go there. Build your own nachos. Our room was a++++ which is normal for my stays at the Residence Inn. Of course a free hot breakfast buffet in the morning. I used Marriott points so this trip was FREEEEE! Starbucks was also only 2 miles away.

Room Tip: We had room 502 which was up high and overlooked the hiking trail. It was next to the stairs so we...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing review!

I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and even better - that it sounds like you really took advantage of a lot of our amenities! Did you get a chance to rent bikes at our front desk for Egans Creek Greenway?

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Amelia Island in June 2013. Hotel is not only reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area, but it offers excellent amenities and a location just a 10 minute walk up the road to the beach. Very clean hotel and accommodating staff. Having the convenience of your own kitchen too is a bonus. I chose a suite, which is really just a separate bedroom along with an adjacent room that has the couch (pull out bed) and kitchen, table, and desk. Room appeared to be more recently renovated as it was in top notch condition. Styling of the master bedroom was very nice too. Note, the pull out couch bed would not be comfortable for anybody but a small child. Failing springs and thin mattress. Suggest you bring your own pillows too, as the hotel pillows very small and rather flat. Otherwise, I had no complaints about the property. The hotel offers free breakfast (just ok..nothing to complain about for being complimentary) and free meals on various nights of the week ranging from taco night to hot dogs and burgers...how nice is that!? OK, it's not prime food, but when you're on a budget, you can't complain. Hotel is located a 15 min drive from the historic shopping district, and just around the corner from some nice local eateries. Safe and relatively quiet area. Nice to see a regular police patrol on the main road. Excellent for those traveling with a dog too, as I was. Morning walks at 6:30AM up towards the beach and back was quiet and relaxing. The hotel pet fee too at approximately $60 was very reasonable too, which covered the entire stay. Would definitely return to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room to avoid having parking cars/headlights lighting up your room at night...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that our accommodations met your needs!

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was one of my most enjoyable stays in a chain hotel. Check-in was smooth and the room was ready when we arrived early in the afternoon. I was charged the $65 pet fee (plus almost $5 in tax) as expected and given a room on the second floor near the elevator. Rooms with pets are on the first and second floor, if you want to avoid those, request a higher floor. We saw a number of other families with dogs but no noise was heard whatsoever, so they were apparently all well behaved. The desk clerk gave me a plastic dog food bowl, a tennis ball, a chew treat and a door hanger to put on the door when you leave your pet unattended so that hotel staff knows there is a pet alone in the room.

The room was clean and well-stocked. It was tighter than expected and one of the sliding mirror closet doors was off the bottom track so it swung back and forth when opened. The tub was very slippery when wet and I almost fell stepping out the first morning. The kitchenette included a two burner cooktop that took over 30 minutes to boil about a quart of water.

Breakfast each morning was well stocked, the eggs and potatoes were not hot one morning (just lukewarm) but other mornings the temperature was appropriate. Every morning had scrambled eggs, waffle maker, oatmeal, fruit, cereal. Breakfast meat was rotated between canadian bacon and sausage patties. They also rotated grits, breakfast potatoes and biscuits and gravy. Don't expect doughnuts or white bread, none to be found. Monday evening they provided cheese, crackers, vegetables and dip and beer, wine, lemonade and tea. Nothing fancy but very tasty and pleasant.

Egan's Creek Greenway runs behind the hotel and is a trail system extending several miles on Amelia. Lots of birds, turtles and yes, alligators. There appears to be a resident alligator living in a fenced lagoon behind the hotel at the entrance to the greenway. One morning he lunged out of the lagoon and up the bank towards our dogs as they were being walked. A chain link fence kept him at bay, but caution allowing dogs near the fence and along the brush areas that border the creeks is probably wise.

The hotel was quiet and well maintained. Some noise from the elevator could be heard as we were close to the elevator lobby, but it was not too disturbing. All of the hotel employees were uniformly friendly, helpful and appeared to care about the guests. Free wifi was very fast, the good variety of TV channels were surprisingly not high definition. The hotel is within easy walking distance of a very nice beach. Good restaurants, grocery and other shopping is nearby. Check-out was quick and the bill was exactly as expected. Will certainly stay there again when traveling to Amelia Island.

Room Tip: Choose third floor and higher if you want to avoid families with pets.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for such a thorough review!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You touched on many areas that we focus on, so I'm happy to hear that you felt that.

Egans Creek Greenway - haha, yes, it is definitely teeming with wildlife! I think you pointed out some very good tips about keeping pets closeby, although the only alligator I have seen so far has been the one in the fenced-in pond. The Greenway is also part of the Great Florida Birding Trail, and many come to Amelia Island every year to see if they can glimpse the Painted Bunting. Were you able to get a chance to rent bikes at our front desk? That's a great way to get around the Greenway (and the island!)

Thanks again and we hope to have you again soon,
Belleair, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a family beach vacation - just a short walk on the sidewalk to the beautiful beach. Hotel itself has a nice sized pool, hot tub, outside fire pit and other nice amenities. The breakfast was great with plenty of hot and cold items. One night was definitely not enough. The other part of my review is to publicly thank the Manager Bob Hartman for his help. The morning after I got home I unpacked and noticed that my jewelry was missing. I realized I had left it in the hotel - my mistake. Mr. Hartman called me as soon as he was made aware of the problem and after assuring me that his staff was excellent and honest and they would search diligently, he personally went into the room and found my jewelry where I had left it. He even went to the trouble of packaging it and taking it to the post office for overnight delivery. What a nice man. I can't thank him enough for taking the time to do this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your glowing review! We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us - and most importantly, that we were able to return your valuables! Bob makes an effort to personally help his guests whenever possible, and with a situation like yours, I know he was glad to be able to help.

Safe travels, and hope to have you again soon,
Casey

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island? Share your experiences!