“High quality and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Season's Greetings
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“High quality and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a constant business traveler, hotel stays usually blur together with only the exceptional ones standing out from memory. This hotel is exactly that, exceptional. All across the board, this hotel provides the customer with clean up-to-date studios with great amenities (that actually function), quiet but upbeat environment, and most of all, GREAT service. I have stayed here many times now and each time I am reminded why I choose to come back even though there are other options. Although I am in the area for business when I stay in Fernandina, the area is nice for tourists coming through on vacation, with the beach in walking distance and a surplus of food choices nearby as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Sylva, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Amelia Island Residence Inn will be remembered fondly! We had a lovely 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with sitting area and full kitchen. The common areas were some of the nicest I've seen with a pool and hot tub in one area, and seating / fire pit in another. It's in a nicely wooded setting with a greenway for walking in back of the hotel. It's a short walk to the beach. Top that off with a friendly staff and the nicest hotel breakfasts I've ever had, and who could ask for more? Ask for Dottie, there are several of them. The Dottie in the breakfast area will be eager to welcome you each morning!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mecosta, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

There is not enough words that I can say on how much I truly love this hotel and their staff! I was put in a very difficult situation in a short amount of time with a place for my family to stay coming in from Michigan for my son's wedding and the rehearsal dinner! The help I received from Natalie Richards went beyond satisfied! She took all my stress away and we had a beautiful dinner and my guest were thrilled at the rooms and the kindness and friendliness of the hotel staff! The extra things they did for me I thank them so very much! Their breakfast was wonderful and evening socials are great! The hotel is very very clean and the rooms are great with allot of room! I promise if you need a place to stay look no more, this is the one you want! They are close to just about anything you need!! Thank-you once again!

Room Tip: All the rooms that I seen were all very nice and big, I had a corner one and loved it! My view was p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for annual family reunion. Fantastic room, great staff, breakfast included. Perfect location. We had two rooms, huge kitchen and a "living area" which doubled as an office since I had to work a bit each day. Housekeeping came and I was busy on a series of conference calls. I asked if she could clean the room last on her list. Without missing a beat she replied, "Sure, I'll be back much later." True to her word several hours later she returned and brought an additional person with her so they could get in and out faster and disturb me less. Very much appreciated her approach and willingness to do her job but also balance my need to conduct a final phone call. Lobby is inviting for relaxing. Didn't take advantage of the pool or spa since the ocean was next door although they both looked inviting and were popular. Staff is visible and active. Each morning while having breakfast and reading the paper were able to see the staff cleaning the pool area and maintaining the lobby. Fresh ice cold lemonade seemed to be always at the lobby door. Will absolutely stay there again...

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the top floor which looked over the "back side" of the prope...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nasvhille
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Stated here with my wife and our four daughters. Great room. Great location. Nice free breakfast. It is less than a five minute walk to the beach or a two minute drive...so nice! We honestly cannot thin of any negatives to our stay. We stayed Marriott point and, truth be told, I am a but of a hotel snob. This property, while lacking "frills" that I may get at properties I stay at while traveling fr work was wonderful...would not hesitate to recommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very good place to stay. Room was excellent and we had a nice kitchen. There were two tv's; one in the bedroom and one in the living area. Swimming pool and hot tub were clean and convenient. We stayed here because of the hot tub and used it each night.

Friendly service from the staff and a free USA Today each morning.

There was a nice breakfast available each morning with plenty of variety. One night there was free hamburgers and hotdogs and another night there was free wine an beer for a couple of hours. Parking was very convenient and there was plenty of light in the parking lot. Very quiet at night.

Very conveniently located to the old historic downtown and only about two blocks from the beach. Also about two blocks from a great miniature golf course on the same street as the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We found this based on other reviews. We were looking for a dog friendly place and this place was!! Great place to stay. Rooms were great, staff was kind. Hotel was very clean and rooms were big and comfortable. Our dog loved coming on vacation!!!! Breakfast was great!! Close to the beach however driving distance to the town. That didnt bother us since we wanted walking distance to the beach with the dog!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, Front Desk Associate at Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn
Amelia Island.
We are so glad that you and your dogs were so comfortable staying us and hope you will return soon so your dog can take part in our NEW weekly ' yappy hour' on our tides terrace. This will include canine and kitty hors'derves and a complimentary wet bar.
Also remember the beaches on Amelia Island and a few select resturants allow leashed dogs.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island? Share your experiences!