We spent five nights in Room 3 of Addison on Amelia’s historical B&B and my husband said it our best beach trip in over 25 years! We loved the bright room’s high ceilings and tall windows with silk drapes, 600 thread count sheets, and long balcony. The nice bath room with Turkish towels and cozy, white bath robes was separated by a short hallway, making it feel more like a suite. Bob and Shannon are friendly, gracious innkeepers, well liked by the locals. They’ve won numerous B&B awards so they know how to do it right! We enjoyed Shannon’s delicious, full-course breakfasts as well as her Happy Hour hors d’oeuvres served on the veranda. We enjoyed meeting their interesting guests and, since Bob is very sociable with a great sense of humor, he made us feel at ease. We were pampered by daily room service and Shannon’s freshly-baked cookies. (Bob caught me more than once with my hand in the cookie jar.) We enjoyed walking to the downtown shops with facades expertly painted to reveal intricate 1870s brick and woodwork. We ate delicious meals at all the restaurants recommended by our hosts, enjoyed a 2-hour Amelia River cruise, a horse-drawn carriage ride, and daily trips to the beach just 1.5 miles away. The inn provided bikes so twice we had fun exploring the other beautiful old homes in the area. Before we left Shannon, was busy decorating the inn for the upcoming holidays, which inspired me to want to spend this Christmas with them and their guests. If we do, maybe you’ll join us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Addison on Amelia Island, a romantic Bed and Breakfast Inn nestled in a historic seaside village in Northern Florida. Three antebellum style buildings surround a central courtyard containing a three-tier fountain, lush gardens and winding brick pathways. The verandah, the social center of the inn, overlooks the courtyard. This is where you enjoy a delicious breakfast that is prepared and served by your innkeepers each morning and where you can join us for a glass of wine and appetizers while making new friends at the afternoon Happy Hour. Fourteen guest rooms seamlessly blend the elegance of a bygone era with the modern amenities, services and conveniences that today’s discriminating traveler expects. Each guest room has a private bath, some with oversized jetted tubs, with thirsty Turkish cotton towels and Green bath amenities. Luxurious bed linens, lots of large down-filled pillows and comfortable mattresses provide a good night’s sleep so that you awake refreshed and ready to enjoy your day. All guest rooms are air conditioned and free WiFi is available throughout the property. Complimentary bicycles and beach gear, including towels, chairs and umbrellas, are available for our guest’s use while exploring our beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your The Addison on Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Addison On Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- The Addison On Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL