“Wish we could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Sweet Summer Sale 15% Off
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ocala
“Wish we could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Our stay at the Addison was perfect. Even though we are golfers , we decided to stay at a location in town instead of the big golf resorts. It was a good choice. The Addison is just around the corner from the main street with several great choices for restaurants and shops. The beach and Fort Clinch are just a bike ride away -- and we only had to drive 11 minutes to get to the golf course.

Breakfast at the Addison is wonderful - any gourmet would be happy with the menu and the amount of food - we are big eaters, but that breakfast kept us full until dinner time..And don't forget happy hour - each day at 5 pm we met with all the other travelers listening about their activities for the day as Bob and Shannon kept the wine, beer, soft drinks, and appetizers coming. A great place to stay - we will definitely be back...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Bob and Shannon are excellent hosts. Place was immaculate and the food was wonderful. They accomodated a restricted diet with no trouble at all! All in all, a great experience.

Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I have to admit that I felt a little trepidation in staying at a bed and breakfast. I'm normally a very introverted person who enjoys privacy. I was concerned that a bed and breakfast environment would be too uncomfortable. Boy was I wrong. This was a perfect experience. The Tidballs (innkeepers) are impeccable hosts. The facilities are spacious and gorgeous. The attention to detail was exceptional from the lavendar bath salts to the outstanding breakfast created just for us and based on my restricted diet. Oh and that bed...the sheets were amazing and a perfect place to wake up in while smelling that delectable breakfast cooking downstairs. Happy hour was an unexpected treat and a great way to share stories about places to go and restaurants to try. The location of the inn is one block away from all the action. It's just removed enough to get a quiet private experience but close enough to walk to lovely restaurants. Thanks to Bob and Shannon for a lovely vacation. I will certainly recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone who will listen to me!

FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I felt as if I was among loving family members. The place felt so inviting and my room just took my breath away. I could have stayed there during my entire vacation. Breakfast was always satisfying and delicious! Bob, Shannon and Lee really love what they do.

This is my new weekend get-away.

Krayzell Smith (Kriss)
Miami, Fl

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

So kind and friendly. Clean and comfortable. Food wonderful. Went out of the way to make us happy and relaxed. We will be back!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

The Addison House is a wonderful place to stay. The room, and the entire house, were spotless. The owners and staff were great. The breakfasts were perfect, too. My fiance and I could not have been more pleased.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Douglasville,Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

This was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast. I was impressed with the professional staff and the cleanliness of the facility. We were greeted as soon as we walked through the door. We were made to feel like we were at home. I would recommend this B and B to anyone. The Addison will be the STANDARD that I use when looking for lodging in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Addison on Amelia Island? Share your experiences!