As most people do, they read a review while waiting for the dreaded BUT…it was great, but…it was clean, but…. so let’s get that out of the way immediately. There are no BUT’S, this place is perfection. The Inn is charming and meticulously maintained, the enclosed gardens are beautifully landscaped, and the rooms are bright, modern and immaculately clean. They lack for nothing – you couldn't find anything wrong if you tried. Our hosts, Bob and Shannon, were down to earth and genuinely nice - the perfect Inn Keepers! Breakfasts were just wonderful – the food was delicious, plentiful, offered a good variety, and was nicely presented. Being setup on an outside veranda with all the greenery and flowers, it was a nice way to wake up and enjoy the morning. Drinks and snacks are available at all times plus Shannon’s homemade cookies were always in the jar! Happy Hour each evening was great bonus – good wine, appetizers and conversation; it was fun having the chance to chat with some of the other guests from all over the world. Bob could do stand-up and his knowledge of the island and suggestions about what to do and where to eat were right-on. There are so many great restaurants and things to do on the Island – most within walking distance. I would not hesitate one minute on choosing the Addison – treat yourself and make your trip to Amelia Island a great one by staying here. I hope my travels bring me back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Addison on Amelia Island, a romantic Bed and Breakfast Inn nestled in a historic seaside village in Northern Florida. Three antebellum style buildings surround a central courtyard containing a three-tier fountain, lush gardens and winding brick pathways. The verandah, the social center of the inn, overlooks the courtyard. This is where you enjoy a delicious breakfast that is prepared and served by your innkeepers each morning and where you can join us for a glass of wine and appetizers while making new friends at the afternoon Happy Hour. Fourteen guest rooms seamlessly blend the elegance of a bygone era with the modern amenities, services and conveniences that today’s discriminating traveler expects. Each guest room has a private bath, some with oversized jetted tubs, with thirsty Turkish cotton towels and Green bath amenities. Luxurious bed linens, lots of large down-filled pillows and comfortable mattresses provide a good night’s sleep so that you awake refreshed and ready to enjoy your day. All guest rooms are air conditioned and free WiFi is available throughout the property. Complimentary bicycles and beach gear, including towels, chairs and umbrellas, are available for our guest’s use while exploring our beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your The Addison on Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Addison On Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- The Addison On Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL