A spur of the moment Easter Weekend trip to Amelia Island was made very special by Bob and Shannon - the owners of The Addison on Amelia Island. From the moment we checked in we felt like we were old friends. The Happy Hour on Friday and Saturday night was fun with a great group of people, good wine and great appetizers..it was so relaxing. And what can I say about the breakfast in the morning - the best from the fresh squeezed OJ to the home made tarts, quiche and french toast you could have asked for anything better
We ate at Pete's 2nd Street Bisto and Le Clos and the food there was fantastic - I would highly recommend both.
The Addison had bikes for us which we took down to the Fort for a bit of history and exercise..great ride!
Do yourself a favor stay with Bob and Shannon on your next getaway and you will have a great time!
Bill & Jenn
St. John, FL
- Also Known As:
- The Addison On Amelia Island Hotel
- The Addison On Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- The Addison On Amelia Island Fernandina Beach, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Addison on Amelia Island, a romantic Bed and Breakfast Inn nestled in a historic seaside village in Northern Florida. Three antebellum style buildings surround a central courtyard containing a three-tier fountain, lush gardens and winding brick pathways. The verandah, the social center of the inn, overlooks the courtyard. This is where you enjoy a delicious breakfast that is prepared and served by your innkeepers each morning and where you can join us for a glass of wine and appetizers while making new friends at the afternoon Happy Hour. Fourteen guest rooms seamlessly blend the elegance of a bygone era with the modern amenities, services and conveniences that today’s discriminating traveler expects. Each guest room has a private bath, some with oversized jetted tubs, with thirsty Turkish cotton towels and Green bath amenities. Luxurious bed linens, lots of large down-filled pillows and comfortable mattresses provide a good night’s sleep so that you awake refreshed and ready to enjoy your day. All guest rooms are air conditioned and free WiFi is available throughout the property. Complimentary bicycles and beach gear, including towels, chairs and umbrellas, are available for our guest’s use while exploring our beautiful island. ... more less