Small, private place to stay right on the beach. We stayed on a small building next to the main house. The property had four units, two on the bottom and two on the top. We stayed in the top floor, facing the beach, with a huge sun deck. The room and bath are large, with sturdy furniture which brings to mind the west indies. Breakfast is served in the main house. While the breakfast is served buffet style it is very, very good. It is possible to get sandwiches and small snacks throughout the day and the sandwiches were good as well. There are umbrellas and lounge chairs provided beach side. The location of this b&b can't be beat. The property is located on the northern part of Fernandina Beach. It is a short drive away from all the restaurants and a short walk from a wonderful State Park, Fort Clinch. One thing I will say is that housekeeping is iffy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated "One of the 12 Best Waterfront Inns" in America, voted the #3 Top Resort in Florida in 2012 Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards, the Pointe sits directly on the beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The inn is a Nantucket "shingle style" architecture with broad porches around. Each room is individually outfitted with all contemporary accommodations and a choice of soaking tub or large Rainforest glass shower. The Lodge provides a full seaside breakfast and a 24/7 staff able to exceed your expectations. A selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts and room service are available 24 hours a day. Complimentary WiFi DSL Internet service encompasses the property. USA Today is delivered to your room daily. Beach umbrellas, loungers and towels are set each day for your enjoyment. Amelia Island is abut 13 miles long and only 2 miles wide with beach the entire distance. The inn is only a short bike ride to the historic Seaport of Fernandina. There are many outstanding restaurants within 15 minutes of the Lodge. Focusing on individualized attention, Concierge assistance is available for day trips, bicycle touring, beach horseback riding, tennis golf, sailing, charter fishing, kayak and Segway tours, boat rentals, birding and spa experiences. Custom packages may developed for Honeymoons, Babymoons, anniversary and birthday celebrations, golf instruction, All Girl Getaways and small corporate meetings. The Pointe has the coveted Select Registry designation of a superior small lodging destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL