If you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy some R&R on the beach and some personalized attention then the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is the place for you. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.
This quaint inn is reminiscent of something you might see on Nantucket and one of the best features is to sit back on one of their porch chairs and take in the spectacular ocean view. Manager Olivia and staff were welcoming and happy to accommodate your every need.
Although we did not have an ocean view room and opted for the less expensive Sunset Room, we could still hear the crashing waves and kept our windows open to let in some fresh air. Our room was nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. Although the room had great natural light, I wish there had been better lighting - hard to iron clothes in small alcove with no lamp and would have preferred better lighting in bathroom for makeup purposes.
Complimentary Breakfast served was a nice array of fresh fruit, eggs, bacon and daily feature. Complimentary beer and wine and hors d'oeuvres served between 6 and 7 pm nightly was a great way to mingle and meet other guests, many of whom were return visitors. This certainly speaks volumes for EPL. A 24 hour light menu is available for a fee which is a plus for an Inn but I would only suggest only if you have no desire to venture out. We ordered Soup of the Day - French Onion and shared a Club Sandwich. Most Club Sandwiches I have ordered in restaurants are always huge but this was quite small in comparison and priced a little high. We also shared a slice of Snicker Cheesecake which also fell short in taste, size and price.
Overall our experience at EPL was delightful and we would definitely come back again.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated "One of the 12 Best Waterfront Inns" in America, voted the #3 Top Resort in Florida in 2012 Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards, the Pointe sits directly on the beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The inn is a Nantucket "shingle style" architecture with broad porches around. Each room is individually outfitted with all contemporary accommodations and a choice of soaking tub or large Rainforest glass shower. The Lodge provides a full seaside breakfast and a 24/7 staff able to exceed your expectations. A selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts and room service are available 24 hours a day. Complimentary WiFi DSL Internet service encompasses the property. USA Today is delivered to your room daily. Beach umbrellas, loungers and towels are set each day for your enjoyment. Amelia Island is abut 13 miles long and only 2 miles wide with beach the entire distance. The inn is only a short bike ride to the historic Seaport of Fernandina. There are many outstanding restaurants within 15 minutes of the Lodge. Focusing on individualized attention, Concierge assistance is available for day trips, bicycle touring, beach horseback riding, tennis golf, sailing, charter fishing, kayak and Segway tours, boat rentals, birding and spa experiences. Custom packages may developed for Honeymoons, Babymoons, anniversary and birthday celebrations, golf instruction, All Girl Getaways and small corporate meetings. The Pointe has the coveted Select Registry designation of a superior small lodging destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.