Overall, a nice stay at the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge. Staff are friendly, willing to help, and always providing service with a smile. Room is clean, well-appointed, nice taste in their furniture choices (I was jealous of some of the pieces they had!), and spacious. Most significantly, the bed! The bed was one of the most comfy, comfortable beds I have ever slept in! I would highly recommend an oceanfront view - no use in staying somewhere on the beach without actually seeing said beach. Breakfast was far above a standard "continental breakfast" - lots of choices. My only complaint - coffee not strong enough. This is coming from someone that is not a coffee enthusiast by any means.
If I were staying in Amelia Island again, I would stay there again. My only caveat would be the price - there were other quality hotels offering cheaper deals than what I paid at the EPL. However, would I have received equivalent service at those places, nor had as comfortable of a bed? Hmmm....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated "One of the 12 Best Waterfront Inns" in America, voted the #3 Top Resort in Florida in 2012 Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards, the Pointe sits directly on the beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The inn is a Nantucket "shingle style" architecture with broad porches around. Each room is individually outfitted with all contemporary accommodations and a choice of soaking tub or large Rainforest glass shower. The Lodge provides a full seaside breakfast and a 24/7 staff able to exceed your expectations. A selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts and room service are available 24 hours a day. Complimentary WiFi DSL Internet service encompasses the property. USA Today is delivered to your room daily. Beach umbrellas, loungers and towels are set each day for your enjoyment. Amelia Island is abut 13 miles long and only 2 miles wide with beach the entire distance. The inn is only a short bike ride to the historic Seaport of Fernandina. There are many outstanding restaurants within 15 minutes of the Lodge. Focusing on individualized attention, Concierge assistance is available for day trips, bicycle touring, beach horseback riding, tennis golf, sailing, charter fishing, kayak and Segway tours, boat rentals, birding and spa experiences. Custom packages may developed for Honeymoons, Babymoons, anniversary and birthday celebrations, golf instruction, All Girl Getaways and small corporate meetings. The Pointe has the coveted Select Registry designation of a superior small lodging destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL