Interesting weekend to say the least that started out a bit rocky. My only negative comment is with regard to the Omni reservation department that over promised and misrepresented the room that we were supposed to get. This then required the staff at the Omni Amelia Island to work hard to fix everything. Karen at the front desk and Jared were amazing (thanks to you both). They worked very hard to fix a problem so bad that we actually had the Ritz Carlton on the phone ready to move. But all was well once we got settled.
I can honestly say that I have never run into a staff that are nicer than this group of people. From Mike at the front door, to our bellman Vic (we loved the tuna nachos at the Salty Pelican..thanks) to our precious Heather that brought us coffee everyday, to Chris at the beach. WOW...it made a fun girls trip even more fun.
The property is gorgeous and the views are spectacular. We stayed on the 7th floor in the Sunrise building which means it was a bit quieter...very nice to wake up and watch the dolphins playing each morning. The beach is really pretty and loaded with sea shells. The only down side here is there is no beach service (no food or drink) I think they are working on that, but at this point it doesn't exist. That makes it a bit hard since you have to walk up to the bar to get a drink (I know not a real tragedy, but hey it would be nice )
The property itself is huge...1300 acres. There are shops, restaurants, condos etc all on this one property owned by Omni. They have a great shuttle service that will take you anywhere you need to go...so its easy to get around. At night we would sit around the fire pits and just enjoy the beautiful view.
We had dinner one night at Verandah a restaurant on the property..it was great...had the grouper, its a must! Thanks for a wonderful dinner Chef Lucas ! Lunch at the Oceanside Café is also wonderful..don't miss the fish tacos..and again we had a standout waitress..Paige.
Overall a terrific experience with a staff that is the best in the business....the staff is the reason we will all come back to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL