While a little off the beaten track it's well worth visiting. We stayed in a villa called Turtle Cove which is about a mile from the main lodge, which I'm sure would turn many off but we loved the separation. For example the pools and beach at the main hotel were crowded and kids everywhere versus at the villa it was quiet and remote even though beach and pool were still available.
But on the negative side, support for the remote villas from the mother ship, main Omni hotel, seemed limited at best while a separate villa support staff or even phone number did not seem to exist. For example when we checked in our unit was completely open to the neighboring units assuming by housekeeping but while I just closed and locked the doors to the neighboring unit, that could have caused issues. Also while each Villa unit appeared to have separate wireless Internet there was NO information available on the name of the wireless site for my unit, or the access password and when I did finally obtain it was a full 15 char wep code, really necessary?
But the morning sunrise over the ocean this am more than made up for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL