We originally had this trip planned for March 20; however, when I called a few days before to see how the renovations were coming, Chris at the front desk was very honest and let us know that the renovations weren't complete. We also received an email from the reservations manager, Allison Powers, who offered us a villa but we chose to rebook instead. We were so relieved that we waited, and grateful for the open communication and personal attention that we received from Ms. Powers in the weeks leading up to our trip.
We were traveling with our 10 month old twins and 3 year old and treated ourselves to the new Sandpiper Suite since it was our first trip since our tweins were born. Our room was spectacular - it looked straight off the pages of Coastal Living. I'm not usually a photo taker with regards to hotel rooms, but I've attached some here as I had been eagerly searching for the past couple of weeks to see if anyone had uploaded pics of the new rooms. We had plenty of space for the 5 of us. The view was incredible, and we had delicious room service breakfast (go for the grits) every morning that was delivered within 20 minutes each day. The pool was chilly the first morning, but very pleasant after that. Other than the faux rocks (that's a head injury waiting to happen) the kiddie pool was perfect for our infants.
The only other restuarant we braved with the kids was the Marche Burette, which became our daily lunch place. The little village of shops and restaurants could have been cheesy but we thought the style of the buildings and the lovely vegetation made it very charming.
Housekeeping was a weak point. They arrived between 4-5 pm every day, which wouldn't have bothered us in the least (I can make my own bed) if they hadn't been at the door at 9:30 on check-out day to ask if we were leaving soon. Need to take care of the guests who are already there before you think about the next ones,,,
Other than that, exceeded our expectations in every way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL