“Fabulous Makeover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort

You added Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort to your Saves list
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   39 Beach Lagoon, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Jacksonville, FL
“Fabulous Makeover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Amelia Island Plantation with my hospital retreat for many years. It's been 2 years since I have been here, and in that time, Omni has remade this place. It is truly a modern day resort. They totally added a new pool area, which is terrific. The rooms have been updated and are beautiful. The convention center has been doubled in sze. A 3 story parking deck was added, and much needed.
I am pleasantly surprised about the changes.

• Stayed April 2013
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your great comments! There is nothing better than to hear from our past guests who are excited about our Re-Imagination. We hope you'll continue to come back and see us for many years to come!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We are very happy that we chose to stay at the omni plantation resort. We were traveling with our 4month old daughter for the first time and had so many requests that I thought the folks at the resort would get annoyed with us. However not only did they accommodate all of our requests, they anticipated many of them. They did everything with a smile and it was a pleasure staying at the omni. From the bell boys to the concierges, from the waitresses and restaurant hostess to the cleaning people, everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The service really stood out.

Other highlights: brunch buffet was of large variety and everything was made with fresh ingredients. The fruit was plentiful and at the right ripeness and I am very picky about my fruit. My husband and I looked forward to brunch daily.

Other restaurants at the resort. I really liked the veranda. I still dream about their buiscuits. Other restaurants were adequate as well, but nothing spectacular.

Pools: beautiful and clean with separate pools and hot tubs for adults and kids. Lots of chairs. I would only suggest more umbrellas. One day we went out late and all the umbrellas were taken and we really needed to cover our 4 month old.

Room: nothing spectacular (except the view). But adequate with plenty of towels

Beach: beautiful and mostly empty at this time of the year. Nice sand, waves to big at the time we went to go in with our baby

Location: we went to town nearby, but were mostly bored, there are cuter places in the area (st Augustine for example). We visited the marsh and the state park nearby but couldn't take advantage of the biking and hiking bc of our baby. I think it would have been excellent if we had a bigger child or came alone.

Activities: we did miniature golf and took tennis lessons to pass the time. We are not golfers but lots of people come there for golf.

TLDR: awesome service, yummy brunch, beautiful beach and pools

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Had very nice accommodations at 2BR villas for spring break. Only complaint is that I left not having take advantage of all that was there. If they had not been so overcrowded/understaffed at check in time- they may have been able to give me a better overview of options during my stay. That would have been a win/win but now uncertain if I see the value of a return visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you weren't able to take advantage of all we have to offer but I hope you'll return in the future to enjoy everything else! I'll share your feedback with front desk on wishing you received more information at check-in. We provide our guests with the Resort Guide for a general overview of all there is to do but you can also find additional recreation information on our new online resort guide at www.weeklyresortguide.com. This is a brand new tool we're in the middle of launching to assist our guests just like you! Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you'll return to see us soon.
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited the resort and area for the first time to attend a destination wedding and had a delightful time. Most of the staff were extremely professional and very helpful on the property, which is quite extensive. I know they have just re-opened after an extensive renovation, but I felt like they were somewhat under-staffed for the amount of people there this weekend, particularly in the Seaglass bar area. They were swamped. Also, the waitpersons in Oceanside were great but the service was slow. They seemed to be covering not only Oceanside but everyone out in all the pool areas. I think with a few more hires this could be improved. They just need time to work some kinks out. The property was beautiful and I really enjoyed my weekend there and would definitely go back. The food was excellent at Oceanside, Sunrise Cafe and at the wedding reception, which was onsite. Dinner at PLAE restaurant was excellent. My room was perfect and the housekeeping staff were very attentive. Front desk staff was exceptional, as was the shuttle driver to airport. The main star of this property though is the island itself with its vast marshes and incredible beach and the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and for visiting us, I hope the wedding went well. We are actually in the hiring process for Oceanside and Seaglass to assist with the service levels based on our guest feedback. I'm glad to hear you found the property beautiful, enjoyed the food and would like to return. It's always wonderful to hear our housekeeping, transportation and front desk staff were attentive and I'll share your thoughts with our team. I do agree, the island itself is an incredible destination! It's amazing to have both the beach and the marsh so close together to provide such different and spectacular settings. Hope you'll return to see us soon!
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I don't think I was prepared for such a large resort hotel. We arrived after a long drive and despite directions from the receptionist it was a challenge finding our room (despite it being in the main hotel). After the initial confusion we got our site map out and found all the facilities. The site is so large there is a shuttle bus service to take you around the resort. We ate our breakfast in the sunrise cafe for all 5 mornings we were there; Excellent buffet with an egg bar for omelettes etc. We also ate in the Falcons nest (classic American food) which was OK. The best restaurant we ate at was PLaE - its on the omni site but run by separate management. Our main reason for the visit was to play golf - both the Oak Marsh and Ocean Links are great courses. Challenging but not ridiculous. We got a good deal through 'golf breaks' in the UK - when we added up the bed, breakfast and golf to have bought it direct with the hotel would have been very pricey - so if its the golf you're after its worth trying a golf agent for a deal. Finally we found all the staff friendly and helpful which made this big resort feel less impersonal.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view one
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, our resort is spread through out 1,350 acres but I'm glad you were able to find your away with our map or utilize the complimentary tram service. I'm glad to hear you had nice dining experience at the Sunrise Cafe and Plae and that you enjoyed golf on both of our courses. I'm always happy to know our staff was friendly and accommodating! We hop you'll come back to see us again soon.
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Underwhelming. Not inviting not warm. Disappointed for the money.

Our rooms were ok but not as good as we were expecting considering the price. We were expecting to be wowed. Service was good.

Signage and layout inside the hotel sucks.

• Stayed April 2013
I am sorry to hear you were underwhelmed by your experience with us. We pride ourselves on extending Southern hospitality to all of our guests, so I am especially disappointed to hear you did not receive a warm welcome. Thank you for the feedback on the signage. Now that we have been open almost two months, we understand the natural traffic patterns better and are adjusting the signage accordingly. I do hope you reconsider staying with us again. We really would love the opportunity to WOW you next time!
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would give all 5's but the only issue was the hotel was still being redone so there were some glitches that still need to be worked out. Overall though the rooms were very well appointed and comfortable. The service was outstanding. The new pool is fantastic. The entire front desk should be commended. They truly do everything to make your stay the best could be. I am sure once the remodels are done this will be an all 5 hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Omni_Amelia_Island, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you had a great stay. Although we are finishing up a few more areas of our renovation, we are getting closer to being fully done and hopefully will meet all 5's on your next stay! I would be interested in hearing what glitches you experienced so we can we look into them. Please feel free to email me at alacroix@omnihotels.com with your feedback. I will share your feedback with our front desk and associates, they work very hard to serve our guests and it's wonderful to hear they wowed you with great service! We hope you'll come see us again soon so we get earn all 5's on your next review!

Been to Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!