This resort will be five-star when the ongoing construction completely finishes in a few weeks. We stayed here for four nights, the week it opened, and have both positive comments and areas which could use some improvement.
First, the positive. The physical facility itself is spectacular. Absolutely beautiful, breathtaking pool/beach area with easy ocean access to a very wide, clean, shallow beach with gentle waves. Plenty of chairs/cabanas and reasonable prices and friendly staff at both locations. The pool heat wasn't quite working during our stay, but assuming that is fixed by now, this area will be the highlight of any family vacation here. The place is also lushly landscaped, similar to Hawaii in impressive foliage.
The restaurants are very good-a special thank you to the extraordinary staff of Sunrise Cafe, the breakfast spot, with its not-to-be missed buffet and amazingly kind staff. The Verandah, too, has excellent, upscale food and a staff kind enough to make a special dinner for my child, which was much appreciated. Oceanside Grill has quite good, sophisticated food. Marche Deli has outstanding pizza and ice cream. All the restaurants were reasonably-priced; all dinner places could benefit from a few more teen-friendly entrees like pasta or plain grilled chicken.
Recreation is a mixed bag here-besides the excellent beach, I can highly recommend the tennis program, which welcomed us to its junior clinics as Omni guests, as well as rental of both segways and bikes to explore the thousands of acres of paths strewn with azaleas and spanish moss. There is a nice teen lounge with a range of video and arcade style games which we used when it rained. The nature center advertises a full-range of programs, but the staff seems disorganized and unprepared to actually give the tours advertised-possibly this will be fixed when the hotel is underway for longer.
The bad-Construction is ongoing. Our room in the sunrise wing was not affected, so if visiting in the next few months, I strongly suggest asking for that wing (also closest to the breakfast room). This problem should correct in the next few weeks, but admittedly, for those of us staying shortly after the opening, the disruption of the construction was substantial and could have been better addressed. I literally had to jump over paint cans to get to the lobby one day, and nearly bumped a worker off his ladder when I entered through a side-door. Oddly, there were no signs warning one of an impending construction area, nor any attempt to rope off the area-I did get sprayed with construction dust once. I do regard these as risks inherent in a new hotel but perhaps it opened a bit early, given the state of things. When these are corrected, this will be 5 star in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL