My husband and I have heard so much about Amelia Island and we finally got a chance to go this past weekend just for one night to celebrate his birthday... and it was AWESOME! I cannot wait to go back! We are currently trying to find some time to take our entire family back before it gets cold. Don't let the fact that they have construction going to deter you from experiencing what they have to offer the OMNI Resort. We could not hear the construction noise from our room at all. The only time we noticed is when we were walking out to our car.
First, I would like to say that I was a little nervous driving up to the hotel. The surroundings were not at all attractive, but is understandable with the major construction currently going on. When we arrived at the hotel, the bellhops opened our doors and offered to assist us with our bags. (I called earlier that morning to request an early check in and was told it would not be a problem.) Scott at the front desk was very nice and had our door keys ready for us. Very fast check-in. I decided to go up to the room while my husband walked with the bellhop. I walked into the room and noticed that there were double beds instead of a King. I called down to the front desk and told Scott that we reserved a King suite. Right away he told me that we can move to a room on the 5th floor that was available. He talked to the bellhop on the radio who let us in the King suite with his master key and the new room keys were sent up to us soon after. The beach front view from our balcony was amazing and breathtaking! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
We decided to eat lunch downstairs and Pam was very informative when I asked about items on the menu. Terry was our waiter and he was also nice and seem like he focused on catering to our needs. We went to the beach and it was absolutely beautiful! I could go on & on about the beach!! Dinner was somewhat "pricey", but tasty. Janet greeted us and showed us to our seat, while Renee was our waitress. Both were very attentive and we had a great time! It just seemed that the employees were happy and focused on making sure the guests were satisfied.
The following morning, we went down to breakfast, and I was a little disappointed with the bar. The food was good, but limited items to choose from. Overall, I was having such a good time; I did not want to leave! You are not treated just like another guest at this resort. Everyone remembered our names and kept wishing my husband a happy birthday. That goes a long way in our book!
Finally, I would like to extend a sincere apology to Scott at the front desk. When we returned home last night, we noticed on our original confirmation it listed double beds. So, I was wrong about our reservation, but Scott never disagreed, he just moved us to the King suite. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! My family and I will be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL