“Best overnight stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort

Save Saved
You added Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort to your Saves list
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   39 Beach Lagoon, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Canton, Georgia
“Best overnight stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I have heard so much about Amelia Island and we finally got a chance to go this past weekend just for one night to celebrate his birthday... and it was AWESOME! I cannot wait to go back! We are currently trying to find some time to take our entire family back before it gets cold. Don't let the fact that they have construction going to deter you from experiencing what they have to offer the OMNI Resort. We could not hear the construction noise from our room at all. The only time we noticed is when we were walking out to our car.
First, I would like to say that I was a little nervous driving up to the hotel. The surroundings were not at all attractive, but is understandable with the major construction currently going on. When we arrived at the hotel, the bellhops opened our doors and offered to assist us with our bags. (I called earlier that morning to request an early check in and was told it would not be a problem.) Scott at the front desk was very nice and had our door keys ready for us. Very fast check-in. I decided to go up to the room while my husband walked with the bellhop. I walked into the room and noticed that there were double beds instead of a King. I called down to the front desk and told Scott that we reserved a King suite. Right away he told me that we can move to a room on the 5th floor that was available. He talked to the bellhop on the radio who let us in the King suite with his master key and the new room keys were sent up to us soon after. The beach front view from our balcony was amazing and breathtaking! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
We decided to eat lunch downstairs and Pam was very informative when I asked about items on the menu. Terry was our waiter and he was also nice and seem like he focused on catering to our needs. We went to the beach and it was absolutely beautiful! I could go on & on about the beach!! Dinner was somewhat "pricey", but tasty. Janet greeted us and showed us to our seat, while Renee was our waitress. Both were very attentive and we had a great time! It just seemed that the employees were happy and focused on making sure the guests were satisfied.
The following morning, we went down to breakfast, and I was a little disappointed with the bar. The food was good, but limited items to choose from. Overall, I was having such a good time; I did not want to leave! You are not treated just like another guest at this resort. Everyone remembered our names and kept wishing my husband a happy birthday. That goes a long way in our book!
Finally, I would like to extend a sincere apology to Scott at the front desk. When we returned home last night, we noticed on our original confirmation it listed double beds. So, I was wrong about our reservation, but Scott never disagreed, he just moved us to the King suite. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! My family and I will be back soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
What an amazing experience and amazing review! We are so happy to hear that your visit during your husband's birthday exceeded your expectations and you are looking forward to coming back, sooner than later. Your wonderful comments have been shared with our staff. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort is the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. While under construction this place is still outstanding. The beach is beautiful. The staff I mean the entire staff displayed service at the level of the Ritz Carlton. The resort grounds were clean even under construction.

I cannot wait to go back in March when the makeover is complete. I gave the place 4 stars so that next time i can give it 5.

Room Tip: Room on the 3rd floor were perfect to view the ocean
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is under some major renovations, this doesn't really get in the way much. (September 2012) Pretty sure, that all rooms face the ocean. This is a maj. plus. The rooms are very nice, but not over the top spectacular. (for what the main price per night is) Maj. problem is the parking. The parking lot is super small, but you can pretty much park anywhere (on the grass ect. ect) The beach is magic, and not too many people were on the beach, at this time. Construction will be going on during your stay. But it stops in the evening, and starts at a later time, on the weekends. (But a saw was going off at 8:30am, but was quickly turned off) The property itself is huge. Shuttle will drop and pick you up at different locations on property. The island is pure magic, its hard not to fall in love with the island itself. I really wanted to be impressed by the hotel, itself. But...just didn't hit that impressive mark. I think after the renovations it will. But still a great place to stay. If you are looking for an amazing beach experiance, you will hit the mark here. If you are looking for a resort with lots to do (you might want to pass, until after the renovation) And I would also skip the room service. We ordered one typical breakfast plate, and after all the charges we paid $18. for a regular bfast plate of some eggs, sausage and toast

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our beachfront accommodations and our beautiful beach while visiting with us despite our current renovation project. This major project is due to be completed in March 2013. The existing hotel that you stayed will be closing in November for renovations to the guestrooms, outdoor corridors, the lobby, Ocean Grill and Sunrise Cafe. The current drive and entry way will also be replaced with an event lawn as the hotel entrance will be located at the new Oceanside hotel wing. We apologize for the current inconvenient parking situation. Our 350 spot parking garage will be opening in the next couple months to alleviate this problem. Check our website and Amelia Island Plantation blog for monthly updates on our progress! We hope to see you again in the future, thank you for your review!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

In November of 2012 the Omni will close or closed, depending on when you are reading this, for a $65 million dollar renovation. They compete with the Ritz down the street. However, the Omni is such a better experience because it sits on The Plantation (a proud name for Southerns, an embarrassment for everyone else considering the history of Plantations in the south) That being said, Amelia Island Plantation is amazing. The beach side golf courses, the bike trails, running under giant shaded oaks filled with Spanish Moss, beautiful sunsets at Drummond Point. crabbing at Walker's Landing all make The Omni a great vacation for families, couples, girls weekend etc. They will be installing an infinity pool soon, have added convention accommodations and are walking distance to a cute little shopping area that has a wonderful Nature Center for exploring the entire island. If you have never been to this part of Florida it is worth a look. Fly into Jacksonville and take the 20 minute scenic route onto the southern part of the island.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
You are correct, the current hotel consisting of 249 guestrooms will be closing in November 2012 for renovations and will reopen in February 2013. During this time our guests are still able to stay at the resort and utilize our vast array of amenities by booking a villa through our rental program - Visit the villas of Amelia Island website for more information. The resort continues it's $85 million renovation consisting of new convention space, 155 additional guestrooms and suites and enhanced poolscape. This project has been ongoing since November 2011 and will conclude in spring 2013.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for the stellar review and rating. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Nantucket, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My Wife and I travel alot...We fell in Love with amelia Island and the Hotel so much we will be going back next month for My Wifes Birthday! We stayed @ The Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort! We were aware that the Hotel is under construction so that was not a problem. The only problem we had was the parking! The Parking was horrible and not enough lighting out when your walking back to the hotel. I recommend you pay for valet parking while you are there. I can't remember the young lady @ the front desk, but I called her a week before our trip to plan some things for my Wife. The Hotel made this the Best wedding Anniversary thus far for my wife and I! We loved everything! No need for the pool...The beach was awesome! The hotel made so many accommodation you will forget that the hotel is under major renovations. #Can't wait to go back ;-) *The view from your Hotel room will be priceless/ amazing view!!!*

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
It was our pleasure to host you for you wedding anniversary. We are thrilled to hear that it was the best one you've ever had. We hope you will make our resort an anniversary tradition for many years to come! We understand parking at the resort currently is a challenge and we look forward to rectifying that when the new portion of the hotel opens in March 2013. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for the excellent review and we look forward to seeing you again.
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the plantation in July and tons of things were under construction. This did sort of bum me out but I knew this going into it. We got a great rate on a room. The beach was the best part of the resort (pool was closed for construction) as well as the friendly staff. The beach is long and roomy and had great shells. YOu could also rent a cabana (big tent thingy) with lounge chairs for the day which kept out the sun and was cooler. I loved that. Our family also went to the Dunes pools one day and that was nice too. It was a bit hard not having a fridge in the room since you are held captive to the resort and can only eat there it would be nice to have a fridge to bring snacks and stuff. That was probably the only down side to our trip. Always being hungry!! The bed was super comfortable and so were the pillows. There was no noise ever regarding the construction it was just unsightly but that is no big deal. The room was cozy and nice.

Room Tip: every room is a beach room. They all have screen doors and you can listen to the ocean as you fall a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review! We are so happy to read that you enjoyed our vast uncrowded beach and resort amenities. Unfortunately we do not supply fridges in the hotel rooms, however, a number of villas in our rental program include full kitchens. Visit the villas of Amelia Island website for more information. That could be an excellent option for your next visit. See you soon!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Among the nicest group of staff members I have encountered. Everyone very helpful and appeared to genuinely want me to enjoy my stay. Unfortunately the shower had no grab bars and a slippery sloped tub. They are due for renovation soon and hopefully will spend a few dollars and install grab bars so guests wi ll be safer.

Room Tip: Ask for room with grab bar in bathroom
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the resort and our friendly staff. Currently grab bars are available in the handicap accessible rooms but we will certainly take your recommendation into consideration. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!