Stopped by the Lobby Lounge for a beverage and to watch a wonderful group singing popular female 70s disco music. Arrived about 9:00 On Sat night and noticed a couple on the dance floor. The man dancing, the lady clapping her hands and egging the laid back guests to get up and dance. After several dances, they sat down near the bar. We could hear them over the music. About 10:00, they moved to a round table behind us where we were sitting near the fireplace. At this point, we hear the lady yelling out the F-bomb and the Lord's name in vain at someone at her table. With children and families within hearing this, my husband and I were quickly getting annoyed and embarrassed. Shortly after, arguments started and a physical altercation ensues. The man fell into our table and our drinks were heading for the floor. I jumped up, walked to report this to the Front Desk where i was told that Security was on the way, and I left the building. My husband was steps behind me. We passed 2 security personnel on the way to our car. They were going inside. My husband noticed that the ones disturbing the peace had left the bldg thru another door. I can only hope that if they were hotel guests that they found room and shelter at the local jail instead. Why this situation wasn't monitored earlier and under control before it broke into a physical altercation still baffles us. The property has always been a 5 star property. Not now. We won't go back and will not renew our Golf Club membership. Let me add that we sat by the fireplace for 15 minutes before my husband finally got up and went to the bar for our beverages himself. The service and security last night left little to write home about! A miserable experience at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adults-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000 square foot family-friendly Splash pool, a Splash Park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach, FL