“A quiet night for a fight to break out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort

You added Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort to your Saves list
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   39 Beach Lagoon, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“A quiet night for a fight to break out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stopped by the Lobby Lounge for a beverage and to watch a wonderful group singing popular female 70s disco music. Arrived about 9:00 On Sat night and noticed a couple on the dance floor. The man dancing, the lady clapping her hands and egging the laid back guests to get up and dance. After several dances, they sat down near the bar. We could hear them over the music. About 10:00, they moved to a round table behind us where we were sitting near the fireplace. At this point, we hear the lady yelling out the F-bomb and the Lord's name in vain at someone at her table. With children and families within hearing this, my husband and I were quickly getting annoyed and embarrassed. Shortly after, arguments started and a physical altercation ensues. The man fell into our table and our drinks were heading for the floor. I jumped up, walked to report this to the Front Desk where i was told that Security was on the way, and I left the building. My husband was steps behind me. We passed 2 security personnel on the way to our car. They were going inside. My husband noticed that the ones disturbing the peace had left the bldg thru another door. I can only hope that if they were hotel guests that they found room and shelter at the local jail instead. Why this situation wasn't monitored earlier and under control before it broke into a physical altercation still baffles us. The property has always been a 5 star property. Not now. We won't go back and will not renew our Golf Club membership. Let me add that we sat by the fireplace for 15 minutes before my husband finally got up and went to the bar for our beverages himself. The service and security last night left little to write home about! A miserable experience at best.

Room Tip: We are locals and have many friends who live on the property. The hotel is in the midst of major re...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or displeasure you experienced while visiting our property. The situation you encountered at our lobby lounge was unfortunate and not indicative of our clientele and our property standards. Despite this occurrence we hope you consider visiting us again in the future so that you may enjoy the myriad of dining options, recreational activities and events that take place at our resort each week. We appreciate your patronage and your review. Please feel free to reach out to our executive office if you would like to discuss your experience further. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel is very nice, when we checked in our coffee maker was not working, and they replaced it right away, i request a pair of slippers they took many hours to take them to the room, i was with my husband whom was attending a conference at the hotel and we were told at the front desk that breakfast was included in the rate, however, when we went to have breakfast at the restaurant, we were told that before 9:30 it had to be taken in the conference room only and then afterwards it could be at the restaurant, we were a bit upset by this because if breakfast is included it is no matter the time is taken, we even had to claim one day that we were charged the breakfast because they said we could not eat before 9:30 at the restaurant, they credited afterwards, another thing was that I called the front desk and ask if i needed an appointment for the hair salon and i was told no, that there was always someone there during hours of operation, so on a friday at 2 pm i called to go and was told that the person had gone for the day and there was nobody to do my hair, it upset me because you expect a hotel of this category to have someone available during normal operating hours, and more personnel especially that they had a lot of guests because of the conference, the lady at the salon told me that they could not do my hair because there was nobody there, that i needed to call beforehand and do an appointment , i explained that the front desk told me otherwise, they still did not helped me, so I ended up not doing my hair at all and i had a dinner that night, breakfast was okey but nothing extraordinary, they should have a more international breakfast, i even had to order boiled eggs one day and they ended up not arriving before i was done, and another thing was that we wanted to go to fernandina in the shuttle bus and it was 7 pm and we were told that no shuttle was available at that time to take us or bring us back, on a friday, also, when we were checking out, there was no bellboy available and we had to drag our luggages ourselves,

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a wedding at the Omni and can't say enough good things about it. They're renovating so the pool was closed but other than that it was very pleasant

• Stayed May 2012
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed at the OAIP for 4 nights for a business conference. I was fortunate to get a room furthest away from the construction currently taking place so I did not have to contend with the noise. The room was nicely appointed and well kept. Meals were not bad at all.

The hotel itself is not close to outside amenities such as shopping and even on the property the various restaurants are a bit spaced apart so that walking is a task. I had a lovely Asian mojito in the lobby bar though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experiences during your conference. As you mentioned, the resort amenities including golf, tennis, dining venues and recreational activities are situated throughout 1,350 acres. We encourage guests to utilize our property shuttles for transportation, as well as the recently installed pathway that will ultimately connect the new hotel to the shops area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Trip advisor should add more buttons for Phenomenal, AhMazing and Super Fantastic so I can appropriately review this wonderful property. I have been on the road for a while traveling for business and so badly needed a break. We decided to take a mini vacation and visit the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort.. I was only sorry, it was a mini vacation.. We didn't want to leave.. We stayed at a standard double room facing the ocean. Listening to the waves at night and watching the sun coming up was great.. but what made our vacation special was the service from the staff. My parents in law joined us along with my brother and family. We celebrated mother in law's birthday on a Saturday morning during the breakfast. .. Everyone from front desk staff to the restaurant team and the bell staff and catering staff, joined in on the celebration and made it so special for her and she left with tears of joy in her eyes.. my 9 year was spoiled by all the staff members..
Rooms are clean and good amenities, staff is so friendly and the southern hospitality is definitely in their blood. All the staff sincerely like what they do.
Spa is so relaxing and so flexible with your schedule, price is not bad.. amelia wheels staff so patient with all of our requests and so friendly. Beautiful views every where..
Yes, there is major renovation going on.. but it didn't bother me or my family a bit. i can't wait to see the finished product.. I am definitely going back again in March 2013 for the re-imagination opening.
Excellent meeting space and amenities. The property is situated in thousands of acres.. but when you need a shuttle it takes less than 2 minutes to pick you up from the front desk.
Rick and Mitch the door men are such a pleasure. Carrie the Sales manager is a sweet heart. She will help you find the best deal. Don from the Golf pro shop made so many calls to locate a basket ball for my nephew on a Saturday morning and that is not even his job. Omni Select guest amenities (morning coffee & beverage service and free internet) was a plus.
Breakfast buffet is plenty with different stations and healthy meals. Price is right.. I could go on and on...
Over All, the BEST experience.. I was relaxed, truly vacationed, treated royally and ready to welcome us back... thank you to the staff of Omni.. See you in March 2013.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and excellent rating. We are so pleased to hear about your positive experiences. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return.
Greensboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had the week off so I decided to take my 5 year old son down here. Having never been to Amelia Island I wasnt quite sure what to expect. Quite a disappointment. The Omni Plantation didnt help matters. The entire facility was surrounded by major construction and there was no way avoiding it. The noise from dump trucks and cranes was pervasive.

We were told on the telephone that the main pool and beach club was shut down for construction, but that there was an exceptable alternative. This was not the case.

Lastly, the rooms were no where near what I would consider 4 star. I agree with one of the other reviews. I found that the rooms were more similar to an interstate motel than a four seasons or Westin.

Upon checkout I voiced my complaint to the front desk and was assured the management would contact me. However, no one ever called me.

For travelers in the southeast US looking for a nice beach vacation you are much better off looking at the Hilton Head, Kiawah, or Sea Island.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Visit_OAIP, Manager at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property and your patronage. We are sorry to read that your first experience at Amelia Island and Omni Amelia Island Plantation was not a favorable one. As you experienced our resort is currently under renovation. Details and progress of this project can be viewed on our company website. Our management staff and Executive Committee work diligently to respond to all guests inquiries and requests, therefore if you were told you would receive a call and did not we sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. We would like the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact our General Manager at 904-277-5152. Again, we apologize for your unsatisfactory visit. We hope you will consider visiting us again in the future, perhaps when our renovation is complete. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

What a terrific visit...just overnight...but enough to see that the crew in this hotel is top
notch. First of all, it's a beautiful property and they're in the midst of enlarging and improving
it. Food in the restaurant was very good....beds were very comfortable...but the crowning
touch was the service. India, at the front desk is the most adorable young lady...she heard
me say happy anniversary to my husband....badabing...we get a visit from room service with
a fabulous appetizer plate with cheeses, breads and spreads and a lovely card. Mitch and Rick,
our bellmen, were so helpful and cheerful. Sue, Neil and Gerry, our jitney drivers, were like
old family friends. So sorry we didn't stay several more days....we were going on a cruise
and had to leave.. BUT...we have to go back!! It's too nice and the the folks there are too
wonderful......see ya later guys. And, thanks a million!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from construction.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and excellent rating. We are thrilled that you chose Omni Amelia Island Plantation for your wedding anniversary and it was our pleasure to serve you. Your comments have been forwarded to our Executive Committee for them to share with our staff. We hope you enjoyed your cruise and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!