“Last Chance Not Good” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Last Chance Not Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband & I were with our out-of-town daughter &her husband on this visit. The first thing I noticed was that were no longer white table clothes but bare table tops instead, reminding me of a picnic table effect with the individual slats design. I ordered water w/lemon and had to ask for the lemon a second time. Upon reviewing the menu we noticed that one of the only two things that we came close to enjoying previously, breaded and fried mozzarella w/marinara sauce for an app. wasn't listed. Asked our waitress who responded that they aren't currently making it. We ordered 'breaded and fried cheese balls' with marinara instead which were just OK. The marinara sauce that came with wasn't nearly as good as we have had here before. My husband and daughter had spaghetti w/meatballs and marinara sauce. The dish came out looking like the pasta had been mixed with sauce in advance and left on a steam table with no additional sauce on the top. My husband, who is Italian mentioned to the waitress that the sauce was not marinara and she replied that that's what 'they' call it. I ordered scampi in a wine, lemon, garlic sauce over angel hair pasta. While the sauce was well seasoned, the pasta serving was so pathetically small it looked more like noodle soup with shrimp. I was still hungry after eating it and resorted to taking a remaining piece of bread to dip in the sauce. Having tiny portions of pasta at an Italian restaurant is a crime. My daughter's husband had lasagna and said it was good but he does not have a discriminating pallet so I have to take that with a grain of salt. On our previous visits we've had 'pasta Ciao' w/seafood in a 'pink' tomato sauce...not good at all; 'Caesar salad' drenched in dressing w/sundried tomatoes..who does that?; angel hair pasta in a pesto cream sauce which I thought was OK but hubby said it wasn't as good as I make. The waitress also made a mistake when splitting our check. We really, really want to like this place but find it loud and lacking on many, many levels hence 'Last Chance' in our title for the review. Sorry Ciao your restaurant doesn't make the grade with all the great spots on Amelia Island.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
florida
“Yummy pizza and pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We celebrated a friend's birthday on a Sunday night. The service was excellent with a very attentive staff. We enjoyed a thin crust pizza, perfectly fried calamari, and delicious lasagne.
desserts were quite nice, too. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Quite Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our visit to Ciao Bistro was not memorable, neither in a positive or negative way. The service is ok, fast and professional, the menu aspires to be genuine Italian, but we found the food itself a little disappointing. Ciao Bistro seems to have a lot of returning guests though, so the place obviously have some qualities.

Orlando, Florida
“Good food, fair on the hospitality side”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Enjoyed the meal, service could have been better. Waiter seemed to barely speak to us (maybe because we were only 2), but spent plenty of time at the 4 tops. Dessert manu was lacking as well. Antipasto for one was awesome - a must get!

New York City, New York
“wonderful italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

just a great local find! Excellent food the pizza is thin and crispy and is perfect for an appetizer. Everything is fresh and tasty, classic italian.