“Apparently there is a VIP list?? We were not on it” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Apparently there is a VIP list?? We were not on it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We live in Fernandina Beach and dine out 3 or 4 nights weekly. We have enjoyed this restaurant before they moved downtown. We called for a reservation but the message was for parties of 8 or more only. We arrived at 5:55 and were told it would be 15 - 20 minutes. After a glass of wine, 20 minutes and watching other couples walk in stating they had reservations and being seated immediately, we asked about out status, we were told it would be 20 more minutes. We left and I am not sure we will go back. I don't care how good the food is, all paying customers should be treated equally.

84% Recommend
Dacula, Georgia
“Love, love, love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Ribeye was so good. Garlic did not overshadow the meal. Huge steak/meal @ $29. Husband ate Seafood Cannelloni special which was so flavorful with huge shrimp inside and a mushroom bechamale that did not blanket the meal.
We are going back to try the pizzas. Pizza made by Italian men - that's living!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, Florida
“My Wife is Sicilian, so I'm a tuff Italian Food critic...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Very very tasty Place. As mentioned, I realize that I am spoiled as far as True homemade Italian fare is concerned. I normally skip most opportunity's to eat Restaurant Italian food. Was extremly pleased with Ciao's. Had the fettuccine Caio and it was fantastic! Would deff return and actually order the same entree.
The one area that needs a little work is organization of the wait list and host area. Wait time was mentioned to be 50 mins, turned out to be well over an hour.
Granted it was a holiday weekend and jammed packed, but just seemed to be a little disorganized.
You will not be disappointed in your food once seated though.
Can't wait to come back to Amelia Island. Ciao's is on my list of fav Italian outside of my own dining room :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Crowded, loud, and....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

....a fantastic Italian Restaurant. A noisy, happy place to eat! We made our first visit to the new Centre Street location to celebrate our anniversary. Compared to the former "bistro" location and smaller scale, the new location was a bit of a surprise. Whereas, the "bistro" location reminded us of a small cafe in Rome, Florence or Naples, the new location reminds me more of a New York City Italian restaurant. The good news, though, is that the food is still outstanding and the service is very good. We had reservations, but there was no indication that the reservation actually meant anything....however, we were seated within 15 minutes of our reservation time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Best Italian meal since I was in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

While visiting Fernandina Beach this past week I have been eating a LOT of great seafood, but decided I needed a change tonight. We just happened to be down the street from Ciao Bistro and decided to walk in and give it a try. It was pretty early (5:15pm) so we didn't have to wait for a table, but within 15 minutes the restaurant was bustling and people were having to wait. The ambiance is classic Tuscan, the service was outstanding, and the food was absolutely amazing! I have nothing bad to say at all about this restaurant. The last time I had an Italian meal this good (and I've had a lot of Italian food!) was on a trip to Tuscany 5 years ago...no exaggeration.

• Visited December 2012