“AWESOME SUSHI!” 5 of 5 stars

904-261-9855
Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Nicholls, GA
“AWESOME SUSHI!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

As soon as we walked in, we were greeted with a smile. The restaurant was very beautifully decorated. The waiter was very prompt to our table and brought us complimentary soup, which tasted amazing. (I'm actually getting excited and wish we could go back soon!)
I ordered a plum wine (waiter's recommendation) and my fiancé ordered sake and authentic Japanese beer.
The waiter brought out our beverages and then he also brought out an appetizer, which I believe was some sort of tempura roll. Anyway, it tasted marvelous.
The wait wasn't very long on our sushi, we ordered both raw and cooked sushi, both which were very delicious.
The main course followed very shortly after. Their katsu sauce was some of the best I've ever had.
The prices were very reasonable. It cost $58.00 for the two of us, but we ordered a lot of food.
**Even the kitchen staff was helpful! And clean bathrooms!**

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Yulee
“A Happy, Fun Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Even if you're not a sushi fan, this place is worth checking out. Besides sushi, their entrees are excellent, with generous servings. The roasted veggies are great! We've rarely been disappointed in the service. "Susie," who might be the manager, is a bundle of energy and happiness -- she's a riot and helps to make this place so much fun. It is sometimes kind of noisy at Fancy Sushi, but in a good way -- cuz people are having a great time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Excellent Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Service is friendly and fast and yes, the free soup while you wait for take out is delicious. This is the only place around that I have found to make anything similar to the Futo Maki rolls I am accustomed to. I highly recommend their sushi next time you are in town.

Atlanta, Georgia
“I ate there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Next time we go to A.I. we'll go somewhere else for the sushi fix. Granted, service was excellent and the little freebie appetizer and soup is a nice touch. But the sushi rolls weren't anything great.

Prices were on par with what you'd expect of a sushi place in a strip mall.

New York
“Nice little restaurant, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

I had a craving for some sushi for lunch and a friendly local recommended Fancy Sushi. I ordered take out; a California roll and an Avocado roll. Prices were reasonable.
While we were waiting for my order, a waitier came to the foyer with two bowls of soup for us, free of charge, while we waited. We sat at a table and enjoyed the light, soothing soup, which was a clear broth with bits of tempura flakes and small pieces of mushroom. A very nice gesture on the part of the restaurant staff.
The sushi itself was fresh and light, not made with heavy amounts of rice, a welcome change. The avocado was perfectly ripe. Service was very fast. We hardly had time to finish our soup before my sushi was ready. Cozy restaurant with a warm, welcoming feel.