“Seaside Amelia Inn-Best Kept Secret on Island!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Seaside Amelia Inn

Save Saved
You added The Seaside Amelia Inn to your Saves list
The Seaside Amelia Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, FL 32034   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Seaside Amelia Inn-Best Kept Secret on Island!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a wonderful place to stay. I stay often and I am always impressed with the staff and the quality of service. An employee with the first name of "Mac" typically handles the check-in shift at the front desk. Mac is Outstanding with the quality of time and attention she provides to guests. She makes you want to return for vacation or other business. It is indicative of the quality for the entire stay. Hot breakfast with eggs made to order, pancakes, grits, sausage, yogurt, oatmeal, and an assortment of breads, muffins, juice and coffee are complimentary. Rooms are immediately at the beach; request beachfront views. The ocean is at the front door, not across the street like so many other hotels or inns in the area.

Room Tip: Request oceanview or partial ocean view. Again, the employee at front desk named Mac will assist yo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I took a quick one night getaway to Amelia Island. It was the first time we'd visited, so I picked the Seaside Amelia Inn based on online research. When we arrived, the lobby was obviously newly renovated. It was very well put together and cozy yet sophistocated. There were sitting areas and we could see the kitchen area where breakfast is served from 7a-10a. The room we stayed in was on the 3rd floor, overlooking the ocean and park. We had a very comfy bed. The room included a sitting area, balcony, and a TV in both the bedroom and sitting area. The room was very clean. We really did not come in contact with any staff members besides during check in and check out. The staff were courteous. The beach outside the hotel is well kept and beautiful also. I suggest watching the sunrise. The value of the room was comparable to what you get. I feel it was fair in price. We paid $196 for the night. I have no complaints and will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: I thought the 3rd floor was great. No noise of other travellers above us.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautifully refurbished and updated throughout. Very tasteful decor and art by local artists. Clean. There were no hooks in the bathroom. The new trend with the high bathroom counters are too high to use comfortably if you are not tall. Slipper chairs looked nice but were totally impractical and uncomfortable. TV on wall did not swivel so difficult to see from 'uncomfortable' chairs. Bedding was very nice and comfortable. Nice breakfast area and the fellow fixing breakfast was accommodating and very pleasant. We just stopped here for one night on our trip further south. The weather was not great when we were there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has a perfect location! It is on the corner of the downtown section and beach sections of town. You are steps from the beach, (which has benches and a playground right there), 2-3 miles from downtown shoppes and fresh seafood, 1/2 mile from Fort Clinch Park, and just a few blocks from other condos and beach places. I would grab breakfast and eat out the beach each morning. Mr. Pete had a friendly smile each morning and made what you wanted from eggs to pancakes to sausage and bacon. Other self-serve included cereals, yogurt, grits, oatmeal, coffee, and toast/bagels. There is a nice seating area and then even a dining room type area. The lobby is beautifully decorated with ocean artwork. The staff - WOW! They went above and beyond. I told them it was my first visit and they were so excited to offer things to do, maps, coupons, places to eat, and just very helpful. I originally had a sunset room but asked for beach and they said sure and changed it. My queen bed room was about 150 sq ft, as described, but who spends time in the room anyways? It had everything I needed and well stocked with towels too. I couldn't believe the deal I got with the location. Parking is on site too. I LOVE THIS PLACE! I will be back!!!

Stayed April 2014
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for a wedding. I "named [my] price" on Priceline, and this was the hotel that I received. The hotel was somewhat newly renovated, and it was definitely better than expected. The room was very small, but clean. Nothing amazing, but good for the price and a place to sleep. Additionally, the staff is very welcoming.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
NE Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Seaside Inn was completely remodeled and it showed ! Everything is LIKE BRAND NEW, from the reception area, to the hallways, to the rooms. Very nice for a beach-side motel ! Also want to say that a super nice guy named Pete, makes you a made to order breakfast every day and it is wonderful ! The rest of the staff was always friendly and helpful too ! We will definitely be back !!

Room Tip: The studio rooms are VERY small. The suites are wonderful !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anytown, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our yearly, excellent adventure, which culminated with 7 days in the Eastern Caribbean, began at the Seaside Amelia Inn. The weather was cold but the hospitality we encountered anything but. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful in providing us information and directions to some area restaurants that we were considering. We ended up going to the restaurant next door and were glad we did -- all you could eat fish (it was Friday night) and a nice mix of regulars and tourists.
Our room had a great view of the beach and the room itself made great use of the space. At first I didn't think I'd like that the only TV was in the sitting room but as it turned out when I awoke early the next morning I got up, made coffee, turned watched some ESPN all without disturbing my wife -- pretty cool, really.
The Inn itself was in the midst of upgrading its' interior and the results were very, very nice and inviting. Perhaps the most memorable thing of all, however, was the gentlemen who was cooking individually ordered breakfasts on the morning of our check out. Seemed like we hit the breakfast line when everyone else did yet this guy remained unflappable and personable, the wait passed quickly and everyone seemingly went away full and satisfied.
All in all it was a great start to our week-long, anniversary celebration and we'll definitely return -- even if we don't have a Groupon!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Seaside Amelia Inn? Share your experiences!