“A Unique Dining Experience” 3 of 5 stars

+1 239-695-2003
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: We are located on the Barron River, beautiful water side dinning. We pride ourselves in offering our customers fresh local seafood. Our menu has a variety of things to choose from, several vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options as we'll as real angus beef burgers and delicious Ribeye stakes. Our salads are made with organic herbs that we pick daily to provide the freshest bursts of flavor possible. Our ordering method is a little different than a conventional restaurant, you order at the counter and we bring you the food when it is ready. We tend to get extremely busy in season and on some occasions the wait for your food to be delivered can be 25 to 50 minutes. We have entertainment on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights for our customers to relax and enjoy the eclectic environment. Our motto Is not turning tables, we want to provide our customers with a nice, relaxing pleasurable visit wether it's sitting on our sofas in our outdoor lounge playing backgammon or soaking up the sun on the dock. Hope everyone can stop by and enjoy some amazing food overlooking the Barron river l!!! See y'all soon!!
Bonita Springs, Florida
“A Unique Dining Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We tried this place because it was recommended by one of the locals. We took my Sister-In-Law here after an air-boat ride. They certainly have an interesting approach when it comes to food. LOVE the fresh herb garden, which looks like a mini jungle. Nothing is what you would expect, which sometimes is good, sometimes not so much. They really make a great burger & their Sweet Potato Fat Boy Fries are the best, but when I order fried green tomatoes, I don't expect them to be CHOPPED. Yep, they desecrated one of my favorite southern dishes. The flavor wasn't bad, but I think they do it so they will cook fast in the deep fryer (translation: soggy). This is not how I've ever had them before & I wouldn't order them again.They should be CRISP on the outside, tender & juicy within. The alligator appetizer is what we went back for; my S-I-L had never tried it. The seasonings were good, but a bit overpowering. Second time I tried the Oyster Po' Boy but requested cocktail sauce ON THE SIDE instead of their "special" sauce. Well, I didn't get it. What I got was "special "sauce all over my oysters and it just so happened that I didn't like it AT ALL. I told the waitress my problem (before I dug in) & she just said "Oh, that's the way it comes." So, trying to be a good sport, I dabbed off as much of the sauce as I could with my napkin & tried to enjoy my oysters. (I ate less than half) I mentioned it again as I paid the cashier & all I got was "Sorry you did't enjoy your meal." The waitress should have told me up-front, don't you think? We may go again because Sam & Maria really liked it, but she had a Veggie Burger & he had a beef burger. So I'll either stick with that or ask a whole lot more questions next time.
(Oh I forgot to mention; the menu is posted, you order at the counter before you find a table, then the waitress serves the meal. It's nothing fancy, mismatched wrought iron tables & chairs, some with pads, umbrellas outside.) Everglades City is a neat fishing community, though there's not a lot to do or see its' a nice half day trip.

• Visited July 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Funky place with good food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

though slow on service if it's busy. I think it was the only place open after 8pm the first night we got to Everglades City. We were told it would a long wait but it was longer than expected. The food was good as was the atmosphere but I'm not sure I'd wait 45-60 minutes for food normally, unless it's something really special. That's not to say it's not worth going but if you have other options and they are busy, well, you might want to take those options.

Pluses: funky local decor & feel, all 'outdoor' seating - both screens and truly outdoor, somewhat inventive menu, local music.

• Visited April 2012
South Pole
“Loved it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very casual,laid back,with a 'hippie' feel to it.Great location by the water.Terrific and unusual salads--the best I've tasted so far.Almost everything we tasted was delicious--the grouper,crabs and pie.

Visited April 2012
Hertfordshire
“If can not find anywhere else give it a go.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We found this place due to some good reviews and lack of choice in the area (we were there in April) for evening meal. The food is ok but the girl who takes the orders is quite rude which is not a good start to your evening, when ordering a fruit juice she just gave us the can and I had to ask for glass, she spends more time on her phone than looking after the customers. Our food came quite quickly and the waiting staff are friendly. The setting is good apart from the insects being close to the water. When paying the bill you have to go back the girl who could not be bothered to say thank you or goodbye. So if you are hungry and cannot find anywhere else give it a go.

• Visited April 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Kitschy in a run down sort of way”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were surprised by how run down this place was. It REALLY needs some work done to it. It sits on the water, which was beautiful at sunset, but we were so distracted by the appearance of the place and the swarming Mosquitos that we still can't recall if the food was good or not. This is not a place I would feel comfortable recommending.

Visited April 2012