“Was new, even refreshing” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chokoloskee, Florida
“Was new, even refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Waitress Kelly made sure that i left satisfied. I am a local, she asked why I hardly come there. I was truthful, because I always get key lime pie for desert and I didn't like there key lime pie. She said we have many new things including key lime pie. She brought me a sample, it was the original home made key lime pie. I loved it. She talked me in to a 1 lb burger that I couldn't finish with a side of clam chowder that was the bomb and some type of new apple pie with ice cream from the brand new ice cream machine. It was nice to learn that they have nice cream now. Summer is here I will be taking advantage of that. I was treated so good that I find myself wanting to go there for just the easy going manner, even the down to earthiness that comes with the establishment. The waitresses made me feel welcomed, even special. Especially my waitress Kelly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Northumberland, UK
“Enjoyable evening in American bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I popped into the bar at this place for a quick beer. It was very quiet, as out of season. However, the batman was very friendly and chatted happily to us while we stayed for 2 beers and some bar food. We had an appetiser of alligator and chicken strips for main course. The food was typical American bar food....not the best, but had far worse. It was very good value. The bar itself was decorated in all sorts of kitsch which was fun.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“sorry i went there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

fist they just looked at us after we came in the door and acted like they didn't want to wait on us
just to sit down

food terrible over priced and way over cooked can not believe they are still in business

the waitress are so nasty and rude and just don't want to wait on you

unbelievable

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
rj s, Public Relations Manager at The Oyster House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working on this situation to correct this immediately. There should be no reason for a customer to be treated that way.

We rely on reviews like this to improve and keep moving forward. I want to thank you for taking time to write the review, we appreciate the feed back.
Naples, Florida
“Go elsewhere if you can”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

If there is any other spot open nearby to eat, go there instead would be my best advice. Been going to Chokoloskee for years and finally tried this place even though I've heard horror stories.

Pros:
It's in a good location. Nearby a big observation tower that you can climb and look out on the Ten Thousand Islands area.

Cons:
Waitress rolled her eyes at me and my group of friends I brought down to get a bite to eat. She said they were closing in 25 minutes and that they wouldn't serve us. We had just got back from a big day kayaking and fishing out on the water and every other restaurant was closed in the area so this was our only chance at a decent meal. I was through dealing with her after I saw her roll her eyes and say she wouldn't serve us. I spoke with the manager and even he sided with her and said they wouldn't serve us even though they had just brought out a bunch of food for the people who were already in there waiting on their food. They said they would not even serve us if we ordered right away and promised to be out of the restaurant by closing time.

Worst part: manager said "There's a Circle K gas station about a mile up the road, you can get some gas station food there."

We won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
rj s, Public Relations Manager at The Oyster House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad to be alerted to that behavior. Our policy is to offer something light right up until closing and many times after the restaurant had closed our bar is still open and we have been know to help a weary traveler or group of guys coming in late off a boat.

As you pointed out in Everglades City the town rolls up the sidewalks early, especially when it is very, very slow. While that is true you should be able to get a sandwich, soup or salad or piece of the homemade keylime pie nearly any time you're in our restaurant.

We'll work hard to make sure that policy is know to all staff.
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Clam chowder , fried clams and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I visited the restaurant with my husband and young daughter two times during our stay of touring the Everglades. Although I agree the restaurant is pricey the food is worth it! Indulge in their fresh fried clams and the clam chowder will have you wanting more. The portions are large and the fish that we enjoyed was fresh and never frozen. Our waitress was friendly and answered our inquiring questions about the area. Love the decor! Try it!

• Visited April 2014