“Cozy, noisy and overrated” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Glades Haven Cozy Cabins

You added Glades Haven Cozy Cabins to your Saves list
Glades Haven Cozy Cabins
2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   875 South Copeland Ave, Everglades City, FL 34139   |
“Cozy, noisy and overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for two nights in the smallest cabin. The cabin was very dark with only one small window. There is a nice swimming pool and you can make nice canoe trips from the park. The shower was good, the toilet was old. The tv of the neighbours can be followed precisely.

Though the staff was very friendly, we found the price of such a small cabin, without things as wifi and some problems (lamp was not working, lock on the door did not work, remote did not work well) overrated.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
manchester uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in October, cabin was quirky a little to much personal things about, only able to get 1 good channel on tv, 2 single beds. Was okay if your into fishing and don't mind a little rough camping. Nothing really around for entertainment, local shop isn't stocked for everyday living essentials like bread & milk. Every night we found cockroaches in the bathroom. I wouldn't stay there again

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We went there as part of a 'get to know each other' business team building.

We knew the stay would be rough but what we didn't expect was the inconsitency of the cabin state. Some of them had roaches, some of them had malfunctioning a/c or toilets, bad smell, etc - you get the picture; what was fixed was the high price per cabin.

There were no standard services (room cleaning, internet - there is essentially no cell phone signal, etc).

We had a good event as we consciously were looking for a 'no frills' location, but I would say it's not an ideal location (business or leisure) mainly because it's really overpriced. Some of the staff (especially at the Oyster House) were very friendly, the hotel 'reception' staff not so much.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Lafollette
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stay here every year (3 adults 2 teenagers) but this year we brought another group with us (2 adults 1 teenager, and 1 child). So instead of staying in 2 cabins, we rented one of the houses. After waiting 2 hours to see if the air would ever start working we called for the manager to help. Also, it looked as if Simone had a wild party in there. The whole place smelled of fish, one of the blinds was broke and laying in the floor, and the walls and doors had several holes in them. When the management saw the condition of the home, they immediately moved us to another house thatched much nicer . It even had several board games! It was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This "cabin" is really half a double wide trailer. When I checked in, I should have clued in to what was happening since, on the good side, I could check in at noon, on the bad side the person who checked me in had no clue what I should do with the key, since I was leaving that night and how could I get them the key. Ultimately they agreed I could leave it in the room. My fishing friend and I needed a place for 1 afternoon to take a nap before an evening fishing trip. This was due to my error, and we had another hotel that I had to check out of, so we needed a place just for the afternoon. When we opened the cabin, we realized this was really a very overpriced joke. The first thing I did was go into the bathroom and of course the toilet would not flush. Since we needed a quick nap, I did not want to call and wait for someone. It was clear they knew there was a problem as the water going to the toilet was turned off and the toilet tank was empty when we go to the room. When I turned it on, I realized the flapper in the tank was not attached. So after fixing that we had a working toilet. Trust me a plumbing service call is $50. I was charged $109 plus tax for the room. This cabin should be about $39/night. The A/C was marginal. The bathroom had a commode facing a shower stall. Being 6'4", my head had about 3 inches clearance in the shower, had I chosen to use it. If I did want the shower, then I would need to turn on the hot water heater, which had a separate switch that was turned off (Come in now, if you want to charge $109/nite, at least turn on the hot water heater.) There was no sink in the bathroom, only one in the cabin, which looked like an alleged kitchenette, in which the light fixture did not work. There was a built to the wall bunk bed and a full size bed. The top bunk is made for a child and if you are over 5 feet tall, forget it. The lower bunk is a twin, but very narrow. The full size bed was fine, other than half of it being tucked in to a wall space so only half the foot of the bed is not against a wall. The TV is a 12" tube portable placed on a storage shelf. Forget about viewing it from the lower bunk.

For $109/ night, and given that we will live in the year 2014, you might expect internet, or the ability to get internet at the cabin. I went and asked, and was told, "we really don't have internet, the cabins are all individually owned and the community decided it would not pay for internet. However there is an outside company, and it cost $5 every-time you want to use it, and there are some detailed instructions, however, we are not responsible for how well it works, so really we don't have internet. If you really need it, the Oyster House Restaurant next door has free Wifi."

Finally read the word cozy as small, old, antiquated, poorly designed and ill equipped.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
rj s, Public Relations Manager at Glades Haven Cozy Cabins, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I am very sorry that your experience in our cabins was not a great one. I would like to try and correct that for you ASAP!

We have several different cabin types on the property and it sounds to me like you were staying in one of our smallest room types, the Duplex Cabin. These are full size cabins that are split into two units. Our Cozy Cabins and our 3 Bedroom Stilt homes are much bigger. As for the water heater, unfortunately it is an inconvenience with the switch on the wall, but that is the way they were built. They should definitely be switched on for the guest before arrival, so I apologize for that. I will correct that with the GM.

I will speak to our reservations department and let them know we can offer you a complementary night in one of our larger units, so hopefully we can give you a better experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope that you will give Glades Haven Cozy Cabins another chance to be your favorite Everglades spot.

Doylestown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I recently stayed in a 3 Bdrm house at Glades Haven with 2 other fishing buddies. The house was simple but clean. Everything worked. A nice screened porch overlooking the canal, right next to the docks where our Captain kept his boat. The price was great.

We came in late on a Sunday, so we called first. The manager left a key for us in the lock box and gave us the code. Finding the place was difficult. Finding the office was tough also (there isn't one - just go to the main store front). Finding the lock box was a challenge. Finding the house after we got the key was even trickier. My advice - try to arrive before dark.

The next time I'm down there fishing, I will use the 3 Bdrm house at Glades Haven again. For sure.

Room Tip: Get the 3 Bdrm House if you can. The single cabins look really small.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
rj s, Public Relations Manager at Glades Haven Cozy Cabins, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your input! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, I do apologize that the cabin was hard to find. It gets pretty dark on the property.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon! I hope the fishing was good for you guys also!
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at Glades for two nights in cabin 10. The cabin itself was cute and appeared clean until I had to retrieve a shoe from under the bed which was full of dust and tissues. We had paid an additional $30.00 to move to this waterfront cabin. We were disappointed that there weren't any lounge chairs in the screened porch only a picnic table. I asked at the front desk if they could find us a plastic chair or two when I was told " the cabins are privately owned and furnished by the owner" we rented from Glades not a private owner. My husband and I would have loved to sit out in the porch at night during our vacation which was not possible on a wooden bench. For the price we paid it would have been nice of the staff to offer a plastic lounge chair from somewhere. My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool which was very clean as was the surrounding area. At check out the lady motioned for my key not saying hello, goodbye, or how was your stay? I handed her my key leaving Glades with a less than welcoming feeling.

Room Tip: Waterfront cabins have a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
rj s, Public Relations Manager at Glades Haven Cozy Cabins, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to write your review. Each one help us get a little bit better for the future.

I am sorry that your stay did not turn out to be the best that it could have been. I have already brought it to the attention of the GM that your room was not 100% clean and we will make sure this does not happen again.

As for the chairs, it is unfortunate that the staff down there was not able to help. As they told you, each of our cabins is individually owned. This means each cabin that we have available for rent is set up a little bit differently. We do not control what is put in each cabin, but I am sure there would be a way to get chairs for a couple nights. If you do choose to come back and stay in the Everglades, please call the reservations line listed on our site and ask for me. I will do everything I can to make your stay much better than the first.

Once again thank you for the review and keep us in mind for future travel.

RJ Snider

Been to Glades Haven Cozy Cabins? Share your experiences!