“Never more Captains's Table, better stay somewhere in Napels” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Captain's Table Lodge & Villas

You added The Captain's Table Lodge & Villas to your Saves list
The Captain's Table Lodge & Villas
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   102 E. Broadway, P.O. Box 530, Everglades City, FL 34139   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Everglades City
Goldau, Switzerland
“Never more Captains's Table, better stay somewhere in Napels”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

We arrived in the later afternoon and got our room pretty fast. No problem. The room was basic bit OK and clean.
Our problem came in the morning. Nobody was able to say good morning. But when we tried to take our breakfast in the porch of our room the lade shouted and said that the do not alow.
We expect not only a nice and clean room. We also expect polite staff there. We will never go back there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Delta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

This has to be the worse experience ever with a "hotel". Absolutely no business savvy. Rude & Unresponsive.

I have since done research and found others had major complaints. Please read reviews before you book.

On July 20th 2009 I booked Captains Table Inn for upcoming Vacation for August 9th. Initially, i had to make many many calls to he hotel to try and reserve a room. One more than a few occasions i was as asked to call back when someone was in the office. I think a few times the maintenance person had the telephone calls forwarded as they were doing maintenance work. One time it sounded like he was on a lawnmower. I was asked to give a credit card number. The individual I finally spoke with was very rude and abrupt and did not seem very knowledgeable about the hotel, tourist attractions etc.
That should have been a "Red Flag" about the kind of service they provide for their Guests.
I was very nervous and unsettled about this "hotel" so a few days later I phoned repeatedly to the Hotel to cancel.
This is a appears to be "Mom and Pop" operation and I was unable to get through many attempts and then finally got a very young person..I think a teenager. He sounded very young and kept placing me on hold. I cancelled and asked for a cancel #. He informed me no one was there to asst him but to call back, he said reservation was cancelled.
I called several time to make sure and the answering machine gives a series of other no#s to call.
This is a very strange place. It is hard to get a person on calls. We never checked and to this place and the reservation was cancelled long before our scheduled arrival. I believe the young man in the office may not have been official employee. On August 9th, 2009 in the morning a debit of $66.00 came out of our acct. I contact the "hotel" to inquire why there was money withdrawn from my account. I was informed the hotel was sorry about the inconvenience and if I could provide my phone records showing I the times I attempted to call them they would credit my account.
I informed them that this was fraud and the money must be returned to my account or I would be filing dispute. They graciously informed me that I could "filed" any dispute I wanted but would not credit my account until they saw phone records. I have been a victim fraud and now I am expected to negotiate with the perpetrator. We were advised to close our account so no other fraud charges can take place.

surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

The least friendly reception of any establishment we visited (i.e. hotels,restaurants, shops, national parks etc) in our short stay in Florida. The room was adequate with a screened outdoor area. The 'free' coffee and toast (white sliced bread) in the morning was a disgrace for the 20th century never mind the 21st. Over priced at 90$.
However - good swimming pool and good location plus a decent restaurant next door.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Everglades City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

Spent 6 days in Everglades City at Captain's Table. All staff very accommodating. Room comfortable and clean. Wanted to use my Notebook to find locations of interest and local info, but no WiFi or internet access available.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Porlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

$170 for an apartment with one en suite bedroom and one en suite living/bedroom/kitchen. Good location, very clean, good staff, coffee and toast available in the morning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

The room was wonderful! Outside screened in porch nice, however, going up to the 2nd floor was terrible! Greasy and dirty stairs going up, ripped carpet on landing! The door leading to rooms slammed shut so loud, nearly fell out of bed! The morning, only coffee and stale white bread to make toast! Big Deal!! Need to come up to date and keep up with other bed and breakfast places, that are even cheaper than this one! Also, one big problem, not sign to put on door! When you leave, housekeepers have no way of knowing if you are there or not, not a good idea if people have key to your room and your stuff is inside with no one in room!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

We spent 2 nights at this modest hotel. We opted for a room with a screened porch. This porch acted like another space for us to store our luggage. Our room also had a small patio where we could sit and enjoy the scenery.
There was nothing wrong with our room. It was exactly what we expected for a budget hotel. Our room was on the second floor, and there was no elevator. The breakfast offered consisted of coffee, juice, and white bread to put in a toaster.
Would we stay here again? Yes, probably

Been to The Captain's Table Lodge & Villas? Share your experiences!