“Book your ride!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Mitch's Thrilling Everglades airboat tours. The only all grassland airboat tour in the Everglades city area. Owned and operated by one of the oldest families in Everglades city Florida.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Book your ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Like most of the other reviews said, other places were booked solid with reservations and that was the case with us. We pulled into Cap't Mitch's and they asked if we had a reservation, which we hadn't, and they were kind enough to take us immediately. Of course it helped out that we were there when they just opened.

The tour was fun and informative. We saw about 4 or 5 gators, an otter, and a bald eagle along with all of the other common waterfowl. No complaints from my party, that's for sure!

We are really appreciative of Cap't Mitch's for taking us without us having a reservation when the other places turned us away. If I come back down to this area again, I will definitely stop at Cap't Mitch's again.

So take this bit of advice, Save yourself a worrisome headache, MAKE A RESERVATION! You won't be sorry.

Winnetka, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“Best Everglades Tour Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have been on airboat tours before, and planned this excursion based on prior experience. However, because competitors were overbooked, we were directed to Capt Mitch's. They accomodated our family of 6 within minutes of arrival. Our guide, Stanford, was excellent, providing knowledge and local insight along the way. We saw 4 gators up close and personal including an 8-10 footer! He knew exactly where to find them! The display of birdlife was just as amazing: hundreds scattering at a time, species we had never seen before, and so close you could almost touch them. We also saw (and smelled) the bubbling sulfur springs, and experienced the endless waterways that are mind-boggling. The final thrill was handling and taking pictures with baby gators who don't know they are supposed to eat you yet. We would never go to any other airboat tour company again, only Capt Mitch's. And although the sign says the best tip is this review, I rewarded Stanford as well for his expertise. Capt Mitch's is the best anywhere!

Visited January 2014
Virginia
11 attraction reviews
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family decided to try this company on the recommendation of another company that was booked. Thank you - these guys are great! Our guide was so nice, funny and personable. The mangroves and birds were SO beautiful. We did see a couple of alligators but honestly, I've seen alligators before so not a big deal if we didn't see any. The ride was about 45 minutes - perfect amount of time. The ride itself was educational and FUN! It was exciting to watch the boat go right over the grass and speed up at times (kids loved this part). We highly recommend Capt. Mitch's private tours! We did not see any other boats while we were out either - a big bonus!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Not Your Average Airboat Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been traveling to southwest Florida for almost twenty years, and have been in every season. We love to take airboat rides, and do so whenever we travel down to Marco Island. For the past couple of years we have been going exclusively with Capt. Mitch's operation for a couple of reasons. We've taken airboat rides with several other operations, both large and small, but no one else gives you the total package that Capt. Mitch provides. Most importantly, they take you out for a 50-60 minute ride. You do not see other airboats while out with them, a huge bonus. We've always seen alligators, but for me the birds are the big attraction. My husband and I usually try to take the first boat at 8:30am. There have been a number of times when we were the only customers aboard the first run, nothing like you're own exclusive tour! When we are down for the Christmas holidays, migrating birds have arrived. My favorite, the Roseate Spoonbill, is usually in residence. My second favorite bird, the Wood Stork, also known as Iron head, is generally in abundance. When you take the first boat in the morning, the birds are generally very close to the airboat route. You'll also see lots of ibis, egrets and herons of all types. As the days progresses, they move away in response to noise and activity, so going early is your best bet. All the captains are knowledgeable and provide lots of pertinent information as the ride progresses. I've got to give shout out to Conrad. My husband and I have been with him on several occasions, and have never been disappointed. If you have any interest in airboating, alligators, and/or birds, Captain Mitch's Airboat Tours is definitely the way to go!

Dallas, Texas
“Great Christmas present”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife surprised me with this as a Christmas present. It certainly falls in the top five of all time for me. Our previous experience of the Everglades was flying over it en route to Miami, a flight on which I mentioned how neat it would be to see the glades from an airboat. My lovely wife listened. We met our captain, Warren, got in the immaculately clean and comfortable boat and headed out. Warren made the trip. He was friendly, knowledgeable, funny, and definitely safe. We saw a couple of gators, which added to the overall trip, but I would have been fine not seeing any at all, as the mangroves and open areas were packed with birds and beautiful views. Warren also definitely gave us a chance to experience the speed the boats can achieve. Overall, this trip was everything I expected and more. Thanks to everyone at Captain Mitch's. Next time, we will have to go fishing.

Visited December 2013
Mitch H, Owner at Capt Mitch's - Everglades Private Airboat Tours, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
We are glad that you had a great time at Captain MItch's airboat tour. This is our target for our guest is a fun exciting time in the Everglades. Have a happy new year.

Captain Mitch.