“It's all about the sauce” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
15800 Hwy. 441, Eustis, FL 32726 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
352-589-6888
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 67 Restaurants in Eustis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Orlando, Florida
“It's all about the sauce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My first experiences with Sonny's has not been so great, and it was quite a few years ago. At a friend's urging I went back, because it was one of her favorite places. Neither time, did I like the texture of the meat, and in both cases I ordered the combo with both the chicken and ribs. Both times I felt the meat could have been more tender. It actually amazes me that I do hear so many people saying that they love their bbq. I am assuming it is because they either like their sauce or they don't. I am afraid, I am one that does not. The sides are generally good, but are very much like fast food, which is ample if you are there to enjoy their bbq. I would suggest that you try them once to see if you like their sauce.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mount Dora, Florida
“Sonny's BBQ! Great!.... sometimes!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I went there with my son, it was a weekday around lunch time so it was busier than other times of the day i guess. We were seated promptly, but we didnt have a waitress/waiter come to atleast get our drink orders for 10-15 minutes. 3 other tables were seated after us. 1 gentleman from another table started to complain about the time it was taking. Me and my son got our drinks first, but the other table GOT THEIR FOOD FIRST. Atleast 10 minutes before I did. Their food must of been waiting for them back there because it was within 3-5 minutes they had food on their table! So i guess if you complain there, you get your food faster! regardless of who sits down first!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eustis, Florida, United States
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I always have good food with great people. Locals love going there.

Visited February 2012
Umatilla, Florida
“Consistent level of food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We visit here 2-3 times a month. The level of service, quality of food, and quantity of food is consistent and good! If we can't decide where we want to go eat we just go here because it's always good, prompt and while they are generally busy, we don't have to wait.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tavares, Florida, United States
“very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

like this place for food and friend ly people that work here great bbq