“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bear Bridge Ranch

Bear Bridge Ranch
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eustis
Bear Bridge Ranch
You added Bear Bridge Ranch to your Saves list
40540 Swift Road, Eustis, FL 32736   |
Smiths Falls
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is my husband's review which I am typing for him: I wanted to go on a hog hunt with my bow while on vacation in Florida. I am an experienced hunter with both gun and bow, but have never hog hunted so I thought it would be a great experience. I booked it in advance, telling them it would be a bow hunt, which they said was fine and said I would be provided with a guide for the hunt. I did have to change the hunt by one day because I was sick, which they said was not a problem. I arrived at 7am. The "guide" took me to a spot in the woods with a little folding chair and told me to come get him when I got something and left!! I found this surprising since he had just finished telling me about all of the bears on the property (they built bridges over the fences for them so they would quit tearing the fences down) and how the hogs have been know to get aggressive. I only had my bow with me - no other weapon. I didn't see any hogs all morning. At noon I walked out to my truck to get a sandwich I had brought with me, then went back to sit some more. I didn't see a hog until around 6pm, at which time I shot and hit one. I could hear it squealing and running and then the fall. I walked back out to the ranch to get the guy. He came back into the woods with me and asked me to show him the general area the pig went down, then told me to wait there. He wouldn't let me go with him to find the hog! I found that kind of odd since that is all part of the hunt! He came back shortly after and said he didn't find anything, but that since he had no proof it wasn't a trophy hog I hit, I would have to pay the additional charge for getting a trophy!!! So I came home with no hog, and paid extra for the priviledge! As a point of interest, when we got back to the ranch he told me I could go over to the scrap pile and grab some tusks if I wanted as a souvenir . I figured I might as well so I at least had something to show for my money! When I went over, there was a whole pig in the pile, not cleaned or anything, just rotting. When I asked him about it, he said the guy who shot it got it late at night and there was no way he was cleaning a ****** pig at that time of night!! I think this guy needs a new line of work. I would advise going anywhere else but here! I travelled an hour and a half from where we were staying because his ad and website sounded like it was great hunting with excellent service. Boy was I wrong! Wasted a day and $400 for the worst hunting experience I've ever had. Save you money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business

Been to Bear Bridge Ranch? Share your experiences!