“Best Ribs” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Naples, FL
“Best Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are snowbirds who has many northern visitors over the winter. We always take our guest to at least one meal at Rib City and it never fails, they want to return. They have the best Ribs and the service is fast. Their smoked meats are also delicious.

Visited February 2013

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Mmmmm Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had the baby back ribs and sliced pork combo fries and baked beans. The ribs where great, well cooked a great smoked baroque flavor. The sliced pork was moist and perfectly done. The fries where hot and fresh. Baked beans tasted good but the beams where a little on the hard side. My only complaint is that I wanted more ribs, the portion size seemed small for what was supposed to be a full rack.
The service was good but could have been better if they had kept up with drink refills, ( a pet peeve of mine)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dunedinbluejay
“Need a Rib City in CLearwater, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had the sliced pork, baby back ribs, cole slaw and baked beans. It was wonderful. We were with 6 adults and 3 children and everyone enjoyed their meal. We stayed at the Embassy Suites and were able to walk to the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Estero, Florida
“Really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I pass Rib City everyday and I always think I should go there more often. Food is very good and service was great. Reasonable prices too!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Meat was dry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were looking forward to a dinner at this relatively new Rib City location, but were disappointed. The chicken I ordered was so dry I could not eat it. The accompanying ribs were tasty, but the portion size was smaller than I am used to for half a rack of baby back ribs. Two companions ordered the smoked beef. It had a nice smoky flavor, but was a bit dry. Another companion had the St. Louis ribs, which he said were delicious, tender and flavorful. The manager stopped by twice before we got our food, asking us to comment on the food after we received it. When she returned, I told her that I could not eat my chicken. She offered to immediately replace it, but I refused, believing that another piece would be the same. Instead she offered me a free dessert, which I chose; the pecan pie was delicious.

This restaurant needs to learn how to keep their meat tender. Both the chicken and beef were overcooked, and then perhaps re-heated for too long before serving (or using a microwave to reheat?).

Another non-food related item in this restaurant. The ladies room had two stalls; one was out of toilet paper. This was unacceptable, and indicates that frequent checks were not being made. The restaurant was not overly busy, so there was no excuse for this oversight.

We will not return.