“Lovely Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Estero
Miami Lakes, FL
“Lovely Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights over the Thanksgiving weekend. We had to change our travel plans and came a night early. Staff was very helpful and made sure we were able to check into the room that had a roll in shower. The hotel is very clean modern and comfortable. Our room was very big and spacious. (Not sure if it was bigger due to the handicap room) I loved the adjacent seating area, fridge in room and counter space for snacks. My only dislike of the room is the sink is not in the same area as the toilet and shower even though there was room for it. You had to leave the bathroom to wash your hands. A second sink in the bathroom would have been helpful. The breakfast in the morning is your standard cereal, pastries, etc. However, they had oatmeal and really good breakfast sandwiches which I loved. The coffee was good and my mother in law (who is a Starbucks snob) also said the coffee was nice. We left a note for the housekeeper for a couple of extra items we needed and she left us a nice note telling us to have a good day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a little issue that Ms. Archer, the General Manager helped us straighten out. In my conversation with her I told her how great the staff was and how nice and clean the hotel and grounds were. She said she is very proud of the staff and I can understand why.

The hotel is located right next to an outdoor mall (Coconut Point) so there is plenty of restaurants and shopping near by. Lovers Key State Beach is about a 15 minute drive.

(Starbucks is right there if you have to have your fix.) My husband ordered a pizza from the menu and said it wasn't bad. They have a nice little hotel menu that you can order from and pick up in the breakfast bar area.

We were also VERY pleased with the handicap room shower. In all of my reviews I comment how the roll in shower floods the floor, is a slipping hazard, etc This was the best roll in shower we've used and my husband said, "FINALLY!"

We meet family and friends in the area several times a year--lucky for me I just found a great new hotel to stay in.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

You can't go wrong with a Hyatt. This hotel is very customer responsive. It has a very friendly staff. I had dinner at one of the on site restaurant and the food nod service was wonderful. Rooms are clean and standard size for Hyatt I didn't use the recreational facilities since it rained all day.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have visited Naples a few times for business and pleasure. We usually stay at the Doubletree and really like it there but we discovered coconut point mall and really wanted to check out this Hyatt since it would put us right by the mall and help me benefit from my Hyatt Rewards Program. I'm glad that I checked out this hotel while I was on business by myself before bringing my family. In the future, we will return to the Doubletree and drive to the mall to shop/play.

This hotel is in a great location next to shopping and resturants. It is in the ideal location. The drive to Naples should only be about 20 minutes but with traffic it takes about 45. It would be worth it for the shopping, if only it were a better hotel.

I must say that the management is excellent at this hotel. I will share my situation below but before that I would like to say that management did acknowlege the issue, apologize, give insight as to what happened, and awarded me enough points for a free night stay. She did everything in her power to rectify the situation and assure me that my experience was not typical at her hotel. I do believe her and think that it was an isolated incident on this particular day in time. I wouldn't suggest that people should avoid the hotel based on this review but I do believe that I should share it just in case.

I checked into the hotel in the evening after driving quite a long way (about 4 hours). They didn't seem to have the right room for me (king bed, lower floor) that I had reserved. Since I am a Hyatt Platinum member, they are suppose to have the preference guaranteed. Not a big deal though. I go into my room and find hair (many strands in the bed) so I go to the front desk and get another room. When I enter this room.... the same thing..... many little hairs all over the bed... SO i call the front desk again. They send a manager down with new keys and we go together to a 3rd room. We find hair and what looks like a fresh blood stain on the sheets..... on to a 4th room. It is on the first floor with 2 double beds. One of the beds appeared to be hair free so I kept that one. After a long day of travel and needing to find somewhere to eat, I was exhausted. I missed my evening show on tv. It wasn't the greatest evening..... I can understand having an issue in one room but I had to go to 4 rooms just to find one that didn't have someone else's hair in the bed. We aren't talking one little strand, we're talking about beds that looked like they just straighted the sheets in between guests (not fresh sheets).

The next day, the GM met with me and explained that the housekeeper on that floor was basically written up and that this was not how their hotel is run. She seemed like a woman that was "on her game" so I assume that this is true. We all have issues in business where an employee simply drops the ball. The GM seems truly apologetic and embarrased by the events.

Other than that, the property seemed new and nice. I think that once the GM handles the issue with this one empoloyee, all will run smoothly with this hotel.

The mall next door does have a covered outdoor play area and is a lot of fun to visit.

Room Tip: Make sure to pull down the sheets and check your bed once you check in just to make sure.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed in quite a few Hyatt Place Hotels and this one is pretty good but, with some observations. As a business traveller or a couple it will meet most of your needs. But staying as a family of four I found the rooms on the small side and have previously stayed in larger rooms at other Hyatt Places, so this was disappointing. The location is very good, right on top of an outdoor mall with restaurants and shops across the street. The staff were pretty helpful and it was on the whole it was clean and well maintained. The included breakfast buffet was also pretty good too. The pool was warm and clean but shaded from early afternoon. So not a bad experience all in all, but slightly let down by: Small rooms for a suite, noisy air conditioning in the room, made worse by the noise/vibration of the air conditioning in the room next door. Also with young children the beds and sofa bed have a lot of exposed metal edges so not particularly kiddie friendly. No sink by the fridge in the slitting area. In my view if travelling with young children other than an overnight stop which will be manageable, it doesn't offer too much for young children.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are owners (every other year) at this timeshare resort and look forward to returning for each visit. The resort is well maintained and spotless, as evidenced by the landscapers working continually throughout the week.
Our 2 bedroom lock-off unit is well stocked and comfortable. We had called ahead for a crib and high chair for our grandson and were assured it would be there waiting for us. They were not, but a phone call had them sent over immediately. A minor point - the housekeeper who brought them waited until he was tipped; had they been there as requested, no tip would have been necessary.
The pools are lovely and finding a chair was easy - it was a quiet week. We had our breakfasts in our unit and most lunches at the Veranda. The food was a bit pricey, the service a bit slow for a quiet week, but everything was served as ordered.
One of the best features of this resort is its location. About a mile and a half off of busy Rt. 41, we feel like we are tucked away, yet have quick and easy access to amazing shopping and dining.
My only complaint was that the WiFi was spotty - worked great in the living room, but I could never get connected in the bedroom ;)

Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were impressed and extremely happy with our choice. The coffee and breakfast alone made this a fantastic stay! Having the shopping mall next door was a plus (you can walk to dinner). The heated pool was awesome, and the staff was great. All-in-all this was one of the best hotel experiences we have had in the last few years and we travel as a family quite frequently!!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place 11/10/12. The room was clean and very modern. Nice features and a good breakfast. We paid $93 plus tax. Hotel is adjacent to Coconut Point Mall. Many new stores and Restaurants within walking distance. Only bad thing was that thermostat on climate control system was hard to adjust. Too hot or cold. Other than that I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Coconut Point? Share your experiences!