“Quick lunch. Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Englewood, Florida
“Quick lunch. Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I typically stop at least twice a week to sit at the bar and enjoy my lunch with Bethany the bartender. She is a real hoot, and makes everyone feel welcome. It seems no matter what I order its $6.41. The food is great and the staff are all warm and friendly, almost family like. And the Pizzas, Well by far the best in the area.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
1,029 reviews 1,029 reviews
1,040 helpful votes 1,040 helpful votes
“Excellent prices huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Every time we drive past mama's Italian it is always busy, which is a good sign. It doesn't have a huge amount of seats so I'd either recommend getting there for an early or late dinner, rather than at the busiest time (or alternatively at lunchtime). We ended up getting a takeaway, rather than waiting and to be honest I'm glad we did as we could never have eaten all the food! Between the two of us we had a portion of garlic bread and a large meat feast pizza, which came to just under $20. Considering the size of pizza and the amount of toppings this was excellent value and could have easily fed 4 people.
Whilst waiting for our food, which was only 20mins, we had a good look at the menu and it looked excellent. All the usual Italian classics served in super sizes and at great prices!
We'd happily go back to sample more of the food

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodstock, Georgia
“excellent value!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

my wife and i visited englewood beach in oct 09 we heard about mama's from a local resident . he told us the place had very good affordable italian food. me ......being a italian, growing up in New York, i had to see if this guy knew what he was talking about............. well guess what? he was more than right!!!!!! we ate there 3 times and took a pizza to go 1 other time!!!! Mama's has very,very good food ,very resonable prices and pretty darn good service!!! it's a little on the small side....... but that just adds to THE FEELING, the restaurant has. the veal parm is the best i've had since i left new york.......year's ago!! we're going back to englewood in october and i can't wait !!! not fancy but if you want some good italian, you owe it to yourself. you won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Englewood, FL
“Great value for amount of food given.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I did find the food very salty, though. Ask for extra water. Of course, the place is super small and people are jammed in like sardines. Very inexpensive but very good food. Acoustics very bad. No romantic dinners here. Better to get take out.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My family went for lunch and as my brother tried to find a high chair without a broken seatbelt, we were bombarded by the manager. She was very rude to him, and told him it was not his job to be judging the high chairs. After ordering, we found the waitress did not take our order correctly. The food was decent enough, definitely not the best Italian I've ever had though. As we were leaving, I heard the manager berating the waitress, not for her actual service but because, she should have charged us extra for something we ordered as a child's meal. My friends also work there and I can tell you the manager is awful to her employees.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere