We spent a week in September in the Sanderling cottage and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The beach was just a few steps away. The cottage was clean and the staff is pleasant. We enjoyed the covered porch overlooking the ocean and saw bald eagles and dolphins while having our morning tea. We walked the beach, played in the ocean, found lots of shark teeth, enjoyed the pool, played basketball, did a little kayaking and even played some air hockey. If you want to go fishing, they can loan you the poles and bait bucket. They have nice tennis courts, but we did not get around to that. I have to say we loved every minute of our stay here. Apparently in winter there are many activities but this was the best time for us.
Since we visited in summer season, they did not have everything as neat and ready to go as they probably do in the winter months. The game room was a bit shabby and in need of a fix up and we noticed the shuffleboard and croquet court looked in need of repair as well. One thing to note is there is a “suggested” 15% tip ($240) that is automatically added to your bill regardless of the season.
- Also Known As:
- Manasota Beach Club Hotel Englewood
- Manasota Beach Club Hotel
- Manasota Beach Hotel
- Manasota Beach
- Manasota Beach Club Englewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simple. Natural. Untouched. Relaxed. If this is what you seek in a vacation destination, look no further than the Manasota Beach Club. Located on Manasota Key in Englewood, Florida, and surrounded by the pristine waters of Lemon Bay and Gulf of Mexico, the Manasota Beach Club is a waterfront resort like no other. During your stay, you will be sure to experience the utmost in environmentally-friendly vacations, all the while enjoying that old-Florida feel that makes our resort so unique. ... more less