“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 95 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks, prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
rugeley, staffs
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying on vacation in the area with 2 other families, thought we'd try Prime Time, as the menu looked good. Seemed promising when our kids meals arrived but sadly it was downhill from there. Despite not being an over busy Tuesday night, service was slow. 2 had prime rib which was Ok but not as flavoursome as it could & another had ribs with a side of fries that arrived after the ribs had been eaten. I ordered a rare Texas steak which was so far from rare, I had to send it back as it was medium well at best. The new steak was much improved but not the 12oz advertised and the moment had gone. Finally, gratuity went up 3% because we wanted family bills rather than 1 together. Maybe we just visited on the wrong night judging on other reviews but on this showing, I couldn't recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations, and certainly wasn't the norm for our restaurant. Thank you for this detailed feedback, I have pulled your check and reviewed your experience with your server and the kitchen staff.
If you're ever in the area again, I can assure you we'd leave a much better impression on the next go 'round!
Take care,
Mike Brady, Owner

Port Hope, Canada
“60th birthday bash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We decided to go to Prime Time to celebrate my 60th year on the planet. Wonderful choice. Ordered the Margaritta and needed two hands to lift it, Yummy. My wife had the soup and I had the salad. Both were great starters. We both ordered the prime rib with 4 oz. lobster tails. Before they appeared the chef came to the table and he said that he felt that the tails were a little undersized and that he was giving us an extra one to make up for it. We hadn't brought our weigh scales to the restaurant so it certainly would have been overlooked by us but what a nice gesture. The entree was superb and the service was top notch. As we were about to leave the server along with two other waitresses appeared and with a surprise sundae complete with sparklers gave us a fine rendition of 'Happy Birthday'. My wife must have told them of the occasion half way through her two fisted Margaritta. Couldn't eat another thing but the couple next to us accepted the dessert with a big grin. Great birthday meal that I won't forget. Definitely going back Mike and Judy

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Well first of all Mike, a very happy (belated) birthday to you! We are really honored that you spent it with us, and I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your experience. It's very important to us that our guests have wonderful service, delicious food (especially lobster), and some gigantic margaritas! Sounds like you had all of this and more. We can't wait to have you back -- hopefully sooner than your next birthday!

Thanks again,
Rotonda West, Florida
“A little bit of everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A little bit of everything but not like a Fridays! Prime Rib, steaks, seafood and Mexican. Nice local restaurant with good food and service at least on our visit last evening. We had been disappointed in the past as it seemed the service and food was declining and we didn't go back for some time. Last night we thought we would give it another try and it was very good. Had the 14 oz prime rib and it was cooked to perfection and delicious. Our server, Shirley took great care of us. The only disappointment was the salad as it tastes like it is out of a bag, I recommend getting the soup instead.

The atmosphere is nice with a sports bar on one side divided by a partition and dining on the other.

We will visit again with the hopes that the food is a good as it was last night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Debra, let me start by thanking you for coming back and giving us another try! We are always working to improve our menu, service, and atmosphere—and we really appreciate your loyalty to local business.

I'm glad to hear that your steaks were delicious and that Shirley took such good care of you. Next time, if you find that anything isn't up to par, please don't hesitate to let your server know! I appreciate your business and your kind review, and I can't wait to welcome you back.

Take care,
Portage, Indiana
“Good Food With Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I vacationed in Rotonda, Florida. The restaurant was very close to our condo so we decided to try. A mixed menu of Mexican food, steaks and seafood. We both had the prime rib, their specialty. Tender, cooked to order, salads, all were very good. Great service even though the server had larger tables then us. A nice surprise was a wrong order was placed and the chef gave us the mistake at no cost. It was a shrimp appetizer in a in a chili garlic sauce on top of a seaweed salad.. I would have paid for it as it was so good. If you are in the area give it a try!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for this excellent review! I'm so glad you found us and got to enjoy our prime rib (and the shrimp!). I hope you'll come back and see us if you're ever in the neighborhood.

All the best,
London, United Kingdom
“One of our favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Have been coming here for around 14 yrs. The recent visit was very disappointing, the steak was very tough and salad was not up to its usual standard. The chef needs to get his act together. We will visit again soon hope it was only a blip because normally the food is excellent

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, and I hope you're as confident as I am that it was—as you've said—a blip. I appreciate your sharing this feedback so that I can follow up with the kitchen. If in the future there is ever a problem please bring it to our attention so we may address it immediately.

I sincerely appreciate your loyalty over the past 14 years, and I hope you'll come back soon so we can wow you once again.