“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Port Charlotte, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went with friends and oh boy what a treat. Owner John Catania Sr. knows his stuff. Very knowledgeable for sure. We tried 2 different wines (red was our favorite). Also tried 3 different Olive Oil. They also make their own sausage and breads. We got a hot sausage bread and some oil and we had it for dinner that night. Plus the wines. Wife was very pleasant and keeps that place spotless. It is a bit out of the way, but well worth it. When in the area again we will be stopping by for some wine, bread and sausage for dinner.

Visited January 2014

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Take 1 hour out of your stay for a worthwhile visit. Diamond in the rough.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My date and I had the good fortune of meeting with the owner of the winery who entertained us with stories of his business and life as well as local dinner. Englewood doesn't have a lot but this is one gem you must visit. If you have an open afternoon after lunch stop in, if you have doubts, I guarantee a good time. Ps ask about the price of gold. Thank you

Visited January 2014
Corpus Christi, TX
“World Class Wines and Hospitality to Match!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I visited Catania's Winery on our Thanksgiving vacation to FL. John Catania himself greeted us at the door and welcomed us in as though we were family! The first thing that stuck out to us was how spotless the winery is! You can tell time and care with attention to detail is put into maintaining such an immaculate winery. Next the wine....that same care and attention to detail is evident in the wine they handcraft, absolutely world class! John's depth of knowledge of the wine making process is impressive and you can tell he is dedicated to his craft, with a willingness to share his knowledge with even the most amateur home wine makers. This visit was definitely a highlight of our trip. If you find yourself in the Englewood area this is a MUST GO winery.

Visited November 2013
CT
“Well worth the visit for ANY form of wine lover.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

First off, amazing wine. Just as amazing was the winemaker John's hospitality and personality. He answered all of our questions about the wine-making process as well as why he does things the way he does them at Catania's. When you have this knowledge & John's friendly face, and THEN you taste the wine...you'll know like we did that you're in the right place. I'm hooked! We tasted and bought several bottles and will be using his wines for our wedding.

I've sold wine to patrons myself for years; my take is this.
The taste was distinctive, but universal and could be appreciated by anyone. As much as I love the taste and character of his wines, the versatility impresses me just the same.

To top it off, the Catania family gives you the ability to see the faces and equipment behind the taste. I can't wait to go back for the wine as well as the company! Well worth the visit for any form of wine lover.

Visited November 2013
San Antonio, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“We were in for an unexpected treat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

John sat us down, poured the most delicious glass of his reserve Sauvignon Blanc I believe I have ever had and then entertained us with his history and his wines. It is definitely a "do not miss" in Englewood, Florida. Thank you, John, for a fun afternoon. Brenda & Mike San Antonio, Texas

Visited October 2013