“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Galena, Ohio, United States
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I enjoy going to Stefano's every year when we are in Englewood. Good breakfast and good value. See you in 2015!

Visited March 2014

Lehigh Acres, Florida
“A diverse menu deliciously prepared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had a delicious meal with my fiancé. I had Greek, she had American.

The homemade soups were delicious as was the rest of the meal.

Dinner for 2 was only $27 including dessert and tax.

Worth the trip!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Overpriced - felt cheated when I left”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had the Mahi Mahi salad. I asked them if it was like a Caesar salad and the waitress said that it had mixed greens for the lettuce. When I got the salad it was only iceberg lettuce. I wasn't really thinking about the salad until the end and then I asked the waitress where the mixed greens were and she said she couldn't find them when she made the salad so she just used the iceberg lettuce. I also told the cashier on the way out when she asked me if everything was alright. The cashier said that they normally use a mixture of romaine and iceberg lettuce but there was no romaine lettuce in there. They both just said sorry but I don't think the waitress really knew anything about the different types of lettuce. She seemed baffled about the question.
Bottom Line: if I knew it was going to be iceberg lettuce I wouldn't have paid $12.99 for just that and a small piece of Mahi Mahi. That is all it came with except for a bread basket and there was something wrong with the rolls. When you pulled it apart it stuck together. Maybe they microwaved them because I've never had a roll like that. I won't be going back there again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Used to be our favorite, might be again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is my first time back to Stefano’s in over a year. It and Howard’s used to be our favorite restaurants, but new management and deplorable changes kept us away.

On a dare, I returned with one of our friends for lunch. Stefano’s, Howard’s and Cross Roads (now Left Coast) in Venice were the only places that had good lamb shanks.

Dan and I both ordered the same: lamb shank, real mashed potatoes, and to start with chicken vegetable soup. The soup was hardy, loaded with pieces of chicken and recognizable veggies with a hint of lemon – a Greek addition.

The lamb shanks were meaty, accompanied with mirepoix of celery, carrots and onions with a hearty serving of light tomato sauce that had a whiff of cinnamon. Our conversation stopped as we both inhaled this afternoon delight.

Included in the $13.99 price was a bowl of rice pudding for Dan and butterscotch pudding for me.

Stefano’s was busy, but our waitress checked on us several times and our table was quickly cleared of unneeded dishes.

In the past, we introduced many of our friends to Stefano’s for not only its varied menu, but also for its service and friendly atmosphere. I’m eager to bring my wife and friends and family back here. This lunch was a pleasant reintroduction to a wonderful restaurant that should remember why we like it. We’ll be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Otsego, Michigan
“A Pleasant Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Nice friendly folks. Good service. Menu has wide variety of selections. Very ample portions. Appearance seems to be "homemade" as opposed to "out of the can''. Taste & quality average to above average. The interior is somewhat dated and could use a remodeling. There were more positives than negatives. We intend to return.

• Visited February 2014