“A real restaurant with a big menu” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 99 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Greek
Englewood, Florida
“A real restaurant with a big menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the special last night with wine . After a refreshing salad I sipped my glass of merlot. It was very busy yet the staff handled the rush reasonably well. My server took the time to tell me my meal would be up shortly and was everything OK.
My crab stuffed scallops and shrimp with linguini would have fed a family of four! It was hot and tasty. The rice pudding topped a good meal. I was looking for a good meal when I walked in to Sefano's and I will return!! Thanks

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Cloud, Florida, United States
“WOW I should have reah the reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went here for my birthday dinner..on March 17th. I must have got the food server from Hell! Some lady from Tennessee. She was rude taking my order,,,did't ask if we needed drink refills...didn't bring dinner rolls as stated on bottom of menu! My staek was supposed to be medium well but came to me medium rare. By the time it was recooked my guest had finished their meal. Cashier took her sweet time to cash us out and didn't even ask us if everything was alright...Yup....Y'all ruined my birthday and will never come there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ENGLEWOOD
“Like a Date with your Cousin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Here's a long-time local favorite with the old-time local residents. Stefano's really should be a diner because the food is diner-like. The food is real, the portions are large and the service is quick. But the service is a little sketchy--when the waitress has to "check" to find out the soup of the day, you know there's someplace that she'd rather be. And the place is older and a little frayed around the cuffs and collar.
All that notwithstanding, you won't break the bank, and you won't leave hungry. If you're there at the right time of day you'll leave with all the gossip that gets exchanged at a small town eatery. If you're only in town for a few days, the hours are long so they're probably open when you want to eat, and breakfast is more than a poached egg.
As a place to have a quick meeting, it works better than McDonald's, and there's plenty of parking.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotonda West, Florida
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our waitress must have been having an off day. Even though she was not busy she forgot our soup. Our main course was luke warm due to being let by the waitress. I wonder what her service would be like if the restaurant was busy.
The decor is looking very tired.

Visited January 2013
“Very good simple pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

If you can get 6 New Yorkers to agree that they have a good simple plain old pizza then that says something. By no means is the decor anything special but it had a funny little quaint feel. Great for a simple cheese pizza when you get sick of eating out.