“Great fish and chips.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Bury, United Kingdom
“Great fish and chips.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have been twice to this restaurant , whilst visiting Englewood after being recommended by a friend, I wish had found it sooner , it's not fancy you get a roll of kitchen paper on the table, plastic table cloths, but the fish and chips are the best ever, the portions are huge the fish is so fresh,the staff friendly . They do not take credit cards, can't wait to go again in October with our family as we have told them about it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“Four stars for quantity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Small restaurant tucked into a strip of store fronts in Englewood. My family and I have been coming to this area for over fifteen years. We LOVE the area.

You have to go early to get a seat because there are not many seats, but you will not be disappointed in the food. Remember this is NOT a health food restaurant and you will be fine. Even though they do grill, they are known for their fried fish and seafood, also plenty of it. You will NOT leave hungry.

We come to this area about twice a year and Cafe 776 is always on our schedule.

Visited September 2013
Foxboro, Massachusetts
“Hope your hungry...you will be happy! New England style seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The restaurant was recommended to us from a couple we had met from New England. And told us if you wanted fish and chips, this was the place to go. We are so glad they did. We were in the area and decided to give it a try. If you were driving by, you really would think much of it, but looks are deceiving. Remember decor doesn't make your food taste better!

I can only assume that they make their own sandwich/burger rolls because I have never seen them that big. We were forewarned that the portions were huge, but wow! The burger was the biggest we had ever seen and it was good. If you get fries as a side you really get a lot. The #12 fish sandwich was oh so good, I literally got an entire filet, it was perfectly fried . Reminiscent of New England style fish and chips. They had real Tatar sauce too, felt like I was sitting in cape cod.

When you DO go split your entree unless you have a big appetite. Cannot wait to go back!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Englewood, Florida
“Best Fish & Chips Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We love this restaurant and make sure that we get there at least once every time we are in Englewood! The servings are huge, the price is very reasonable and the fish and chips are fantastic! The restaurant has a waiting area outside where you can have a drink while you wait for your table, it is very busy but worth the wait!

Visited March 2014
“Rude, unhelpful staff. We left without finishing drink.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was on a Friday afternoon around 530pm during Season.
We turned into the place bc of the cute Tiki area out front. Parking is pretty bad. No problem, it's "season" so that's expected. Enter the sidewalk to go into the main building and we are met by a not-so-friendly older man who literally backs us out the door saying "Let me tell you the lay of the land." At this point I'm thinking-meh,he's a gruff ole' grandfatherly type, let's hear this.
He tells us they can't seat us (party of 2) bc they are packed, but we can wait on the Tiki deck, but THEY DON'T SERVE FOOD on the Tiki deck. Huh? I tell him that's okay, we just wanted a beer and to check the place out. Meanwhile, a server who has come outside asks my friend her name. I guess that's how you get in queue for the dining room? I would think they would tell you that, but I guess we'll never know.
So the man goes behind the bar and asks what we want. There is no list anywhere, but we can see the empty boxes for a few domestics but no liquor bottles anywhere, so I order a beer. My friend asks if they have a certain beer, and his response is to say something like, "Here's what we have" while waving toward a bin with icewater and bottled beer in it. Not being able to see the beer except for the caps, my friend asks again and is answered with a blank stare full of attitude (as if it's her fault she doesn't know they menu). The female who was already behind the bar (whom I'm guessing is the bartender) never says one word during this. My friend orders something else. While we're waiting we notice a small chalkboard on the opposite (nowhere near the entrance) end of the bar that says "domestics $, wine $" (specials I suppose), and, funny enough, another sign mounted over the bar that looks one of those things you hang on your deck that says "now serving: margaritas, pina coladas, (something else)" Clearly they are a beer and wine only place. The domestics were $4. each.
While we're quickly drinking the beer so we can leave, a party of 4 and a party of 5 are let into the restaurant while 2 other pairs are told to wait. I imagine this means that their table layouts are really bad and not adjustable to accommodate customers, but I will never know as I will never go back there.
I think it's great that small restaurants are able to have a regular and family-based customer base, but these guys failed on all fronts to gain 2 new customers. There are so many places to eat and drink around here, I'm floored by how how unfriendly and unhelpful these people were. They obviously aren't interested in gaining new customers...and we live here year round.

• Visited April 2014