“Best Fish & Chips Ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 94 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Seafood
Englewood, Florida
“Best Fish & Chips Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We love this restaurant and make sure that we get there at least once every time we are in Englewood! The servings are huge, the price is very reasonable and the fish and chips are fantastic! The restaurant has a waiting area outside where you can have a drink while you wait for your table, it is very busy but worth the wait!

Visited March 2014

“Rude, unhelpful staff. We left without finishing drink.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was on a Friday afternoon around 530pm during Season.
We turned into the place bc of the cute Tiki area out front. Parking is pretty bad. No problem, it's "season" so that's expected. Enter the sidewalk to go into the main building and we are met by a not-so-friendly older man who literally backs us out the door saying "Let me tell you the lay of the land." At this point I'm thinking-meh,he's a gruff ole' grandfatherly type, let's hear this.
He tells us they can't seat us (party of 2) bc they are packed, but we can wait on the Tiki deck, but THEY DON'T SERVE FOOD on the Tiki deck. Huh? I tell him that's okay, we just wanted a beer and to check the place out. Meanwhile, a server who has come outside asks my friend her name. I guess that's how you get in queue for the dining room? I would think they would tell you that, but I guess we'll never know.
So the man goes behind the bar and asks what we want. There is no list anywhere, but we can see the empty boxes for a few domestics but no liquor bottles anywhere, so I order a beer. My friend asks if they have a certain beer, and his response is to say something like, "Here's what we have" while waving toward a bin with icewater and bottled beer in it. Not being able to see the beer except for the caps, my friend asks again and is answered with a blank stare full of attitude (as if it's her fault she doesn't know they menu). The female who was already behind the bar (whom I'm guessing is the bartender) never says one word during this. My friend orders something else. While we're waiting we notice a small chalkboard on the opposite (nowhere near the entrance) end of the bar that says "domestics $, wine $" (specials I suppose), and, funny enough, another sign mounted over the bar that looks one of those things you hang on your deck that says "now serving: margaritas, pina coladas, (something else)" Clearly they are a beer and wine only place. The domestics were $4. each.
While we're quickly drinking the beer so we can leave, a party of 4 and a party of 5 are let into the restaurant while 2 other pairs are told to wait. I imagine this means that their table layouts are really bad and not adjustable to accommodate customers, but I will never know as I will never go back there.
I think it's great that small restaurants are able to have a regular and family-based customer base, but these guys failed on all fronts to gain 2 new customers. There are so many places to eat and drink around here, I'm floored by how how unfriendly and unhelpful these people were. They obviously aren't interested in gaining new customers...and we live here year round.

• Visited April 2014
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Went there waited 45 min no prob however asked a question about their food prep due to shell fish allergy an was told ask your server. Once seated we asked our server if chicken was put In the same batter an fried with the shell fish due to my allergy. She said don't really know think everything is thrown in together. So after waiting now most an hour I had to ask her to check with the cook. She came back an simply said we are not accepting liability for anything so yes it all thrown in together So ok thank you for your sweetness an goodbye. The gentleman that took our name and we asked when we first came In could have been decent enough to check at the time. However I could of also left at that time so be careful for anyone with any allergies they will not take any care although every resturant in the area we have gone to in the last six months states on their me he's advise server of any allergies an we have had no issues with Even the best resturants or the local pubs. One that would return or advice people to go

Visited April 2014
Largo, Florida
“No Time For Babysitting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

upon walking in the front and the woman look at me and said hey how many and I said four and she goes go ahead go out front. she had no plan on waiting on us on the outdoor scene she said it was too busy so after talking to other customers who are waiting we realized she never took our name I went back inside to give her my name she said "I don't have time to babysit, you guys will have to just be honest with you came first!"I have never in my life been so disrespected and talk to and such a rude manner the woman's name was Kim and boy was she a sweetheart.my family comes to this restaurant twice a year because of its wonderful grouper sandwich from out of town I will make sure to tell them to find a new grouper sandwich spot.

Sad but we chose take our business elsewhere: (

Maumee, Ohio
“Good fried food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The men enjoyed huge portions of fried fish and shrimp for a good price. The women ordered light with french onion soup. Will not go back for the soup or the service. However, the men will return.