“Gas Dock Non service - Continued” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Attached to Stump Pass Marina off Placida Road
Manasota Key, Florida
“Gas Dock Non service - Continued”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

On our way to Stump pass Grill the clamp holding the cooling hose on my inboard boat broke off and I found myself running on three cylinders and a dying engine, we limped into Stump pass Marina where I was met with a totally couldn't care less surly young man who after bringing a wrong size clamp said this is all we have then he just walked off. After a while I went looking for him and there he was sitting on his backside in a golf cart. He was sitting with a fat individual next to a bench with his arms folded and they both stared at me, their attitude was clearly "haven't you gone yet? I said I am really stuck here, I pointed to the large sign which said STUMP PASS MARINA, I said is this the same company, they said yes, I said,"surely they have a 4inch hose clamp". He said, "no this place has new owners in two weeks". I said could you help me with a short piece of wire I could have to hold my cooling hose on with"? The fat man with is arms still folded said, "buddy we sell bait and gas here" I said, "Oh sorry I thought you were part of the marina" he said, "we are". Again unspoken vibes from them were. Why don't you #!*/ off. We eventually limped off with a rag tied around the cooling hose to a marina down the bay by the name of Marine Dynamics where we were looked after politely inexpensively and swiftly. We never did go back to the Grill for lunch because of our treatment at the dock. We went to Rum Bay Restaurant a short boat trip away and had a truly wonderful lunch.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, FL
“Nice Waterfront Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Nice lunch, view and friendly people. Outdoor seating with solid thatch type roof and nice fans to keep it cool. We had a large group with two small children, came in at staggered and were not rushed and treated very well by the staff. The gumbo was raved about (I did not try as it was very spicy) the wings were excellent. The fish was average and so was the desert. The children enjoyed the walk around the pier, seeing all the birds and the fishermen coming in with their catches. We did not see the band during the lunch hour, but were told about the band in the evening. Prices were average and we will go again for the wings and without children to try the drinks that looked great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A must if you are in the area. The food is good but the views are the reason why you go there! We saw pelicans, and yes... Dolphins!!! The perfect little tiki bar.

Toronto, Canada
“Fun tiki bar on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stopped in for lunch. The place is basically a tiki bar, all outdoor seating. The views are very nice, right on the water with fish and birds all around. Very nice. Food wise, it is typical bar food - burgers, wings, fish and chips, etc and is served very casual in baskets to your picnic table. Totally fine given the setting. I found the burger with blue cheese to be particularly good. I would recommend checking it out if you are living in or visiting the area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great fish sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

If they have the swordfish sandwich special, order it! Grilled to perfection, flaky goodness, great flavor. The best swordfish I have ever had.