“Very Tasty!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Very Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Service is friendly and attentive. We ate there twice in three days. The first day we chose to eat outside. The food is very tasty. We had seafood both times in it is very fresh. They offer to prepare it in a variety of ways. The second day was breezier and hotter so we ate out of the sun in their covered porch. Very nice. My wife had the hamburger and even though she asked it to be cooked well done the burger was still juicy. My only complaint and this really is for most restaurants is that the portions are Bigger than I would like. I guess I could refrain from eating it all but I can't help myself

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Parrish, Florida
“Felt like I was on vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were looking for someplace different to go have a bite to eat and do some dancing. This place was recommended to us, and we didn't know what to expect, but we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! This is a mostly outdoor venue, but there's plenty of seating indoors as well for those that prefer it. It sits right on the water, so there's a great view. As I said, we wanted to dance so they seated us as close to the band (who was performing outside) as they could (the place was packed, they were very accommodating and made sure that we got what we wanted). We all ordered the Lobster Roll, which was chock full of delicious lobster. The fries were seasoned, and very tasty. After we dined, we went out to the dance floor and danced off the food we just ate, having a great time. We live in Florida, but still, we felt like we were off on vacation on some Caribbean Island. We all had a great time, and definitely want to go back soon!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ludington, Michigan
“Neat Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great bar, restaurant at Englewood Beach. Indoor dining, bar area and outdoor space. Live entertainment at times. We had "beverages" and the "Bang Shrimp" appetizer...YUM!

Visited March 2013
Waterloo, IA
“That was nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a really neat place. Ate lunch there with my wife, kids (4 and 8), dad and his girlfriend.

Food: The flounder sandwhich was great! Cold beer. The sandwich was big enough for two people!

Staff: They staff was really nice. They seemed like the kind of people that at least somewhat enjoyed their jobs.

Atmosphere: Ate outside next to water and small boat docks, which was cool. There were lots of people there (mostly early 30s to mid 40s). Most of them playing bag toss, or giant jenga. We all played a game of bags desgined for kids off to the side and out of the way. It was very comfortable. There was a band singing classic rock songs. They were honestly not very good, but ohwell. The water around the docks was scummy like any other dock area. It wasnt perfect but it was nice. My dad told me that occasionally you can see mantees in the area. I didnt see any.

Dont let my average rating or some of the partially negative comments deter you from eating here. I think its a great place and will return, mainly for the food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Eating Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Without a doubt, Flounders has to have the best Lobster Roll in the area. (and I grew up on the East Coast) It is full to overflowing with large pieces of Lobster Tail and Claws. Almost like a salad on a roll. Ask for the roll to be toasted .The rest of the menu is limited, but during our visits, with have been many, we have had several of the fish entres, and they all have been acceptable, if not great. The ambience created by the outside "Beach" sitting area, with fire pit , and bandstand is a great way to spend an after sunset evening. ( Music can be loud, but last time there the owner checked with everyone around the bandstand area, to see if they found it too loud. You have the option of seating in the Tiki Bar area, where music is less invasive. Plus, you can see spectacular Florida sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico, from just across the road on the beach. If you are looking for a casual, fun evening, I believe you will find it here. Great place to amuse visiting grandchildren.

• Visited February 2013