“Nice Old Florida Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gem Coast Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Gem Coast Inn
You added Gem Coast Inn to your Saves list
2073 South McCall Road, Englewood, FL 34224 (Formerly Veranda Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Englewood
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice Old Florida Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Older hotel that is kept up nicely. Average size rooms, but very clean. Great staff. Really like the pool and parking area. Very close to road, so lots of road noise but usually dies down at night. On the main road through Englewood so plenty of restaurants and stores, Not many attractions. But that is what I love about this area of Florida. About five miles to Manasota Key beaches, so a little to far to walk. Riding a bike or driving is better and there is great parking at the beach.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel was clean, and the room was very roomy. The price could have been better due to the following. Nothing in the morning not even simple Danish. The room I had was no further than 30-40 feet from the road. One would think when you refurbish the inn you would put sound dampers. For three straight days I went to the front desk to obtain a room in the back since I told them I was losing sleep. I was down there to visit my mother who is very ill and I needed to be at my best for this might be my last visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back would be the best bet, since a lot of traffic only a few feet away.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Murray M, Owner at Gem Coast Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We apologize for your discomfort during your stay with us. We had been sold out for months when you checked in to our Inn. If a room on the back side had opened we gladly would have moved you. Many of our customers have been staying here for many years and always book many months in advance to ensure they would have a room on the back side. During your stay we were also remodeling the lobby, which will soon offer a continental breakfast. Again we apologize that we could not make your stay more comfortable during that stressful time.
Brooksville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This used to be the Veranda Inn. However, the new owner has both changed the name and made some much needed improvements...new beds, new carpet, new tv's. I love all these significant improvements. No question that this the best Hotel in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my third vacation at the Veranda Inn/Gem Coast Inn. I was delighted to see that the property is under new management and is being restored to its prior status. The property is in a great location, close to the beach, shopping, great restaurants and I love the pool.

This trip we had 4 different rooms as we booked late, the 2 bedroom rooms are very spacious and had 1 TV and the 2 room suite was great as there were 3 of us, we had 2 TV's and a lovely little nook with a table for 4 to have breakfast in our room. Both these rooms had lovely new white comforters and matching pillows and had recently been redecorated. We spent the last 5 days in the Apartment which has 2 bedrooms, and a living/dining/kitchen with a fridge/stove, dishwasher& microwave and has a huge private balcony. This room is deluxe and had been carpeted and painted since our last visit. The pool is perfect...not too large but heated to approximately 84 degrees and perfect for an early morning or late night swim! Great holiday thanks to the staff and new owner!

Room Tip: Lots of great restaurants nearby including 1 next door and 1 across the road
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I came for a relaxing get away .the location of the Gem coast Inn is within minutes of the beaches nice restaurants and bars .The room we stayed in was clean ,very nice and quiet .We met the owner ,heck of a nice guy ;)! We hope to return next year and would stay here again ! Thanks Larry and Julie :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have stayed at the Veranda Inn (Previously named) from 2010-2013 when we were visiting family and slowly it got worse and worse until there was a very unsanitary incident in late 2012 and we vowed never to return due to clealiness. When we were making our plans for this past weekend my sister stated that they were under new management and that they had made the outside very appealing. I got on line and looked at the new web page, very impressed and booked a room with two double beds. We stayed there with my sister and had a very enjoyable stay. Since we were arriving on Valentines Day I had called Stephen's Florist for a delivey for my husband, they delivered to the front desk and they automatically placed in the room for our arrival, very thoughtful and a nice touch without contacting me or him and taking away surprise. Clealiness was Outstanding and the service top notch from the housekeeping crew to the front desk. They responded to all our needs when approached and the owners and stafff very pleasant to talk with. The only discomfort we had was with the digital TV setup and running of same. We were very happy with our stay and look forward to visiting again. We highly suggest Stephanoe's (sp) for meals, Flounders for entertainment, and Sportmans for local gathering place for pool and darts. Again we thank you - H&B T

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter from past visits.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was, by far, the best place I have stayed at!
Excellent value for my money.
My room had just been completely remodeled and the decorating was beautiful.
the bed was comfortable and the pillows were fat and fluffy.
The pool was AMAZING! The water was beautiful and the pool area was spotless.
The owner is sooo nice, he made me feel like I was at home with family.
I cannot wait to get back to the Veranda Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Gem Coast Inn? Share your experiences!