“Good food and views but...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: QOverlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico offering spectacular sunsets and great food. Voted best of the best year after year.
UK
“Good food and views but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

we still prefer the "Lock'n'Key" which is right next door. We visited the Grill a couple of times last year (lunch)and enjoyed it both times, I recall having a seafood omelette, which was very nice - and their sweet potato fries were given top marks (and we have tried lots). Its a bit more formal, and as we tend to rock up in our beach wear, we tend to go next door but would still recommend the Gulfview Grill.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“I like this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Love the food and the view! We have a great time when we visit. The she crab soup is to die for. I also love the apple dessert. Help is warm and friendly. Parking can be tricky on busy weekends.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Englewood, Florida
“Crappy food, noisy, never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Well we have gone to this place twice. It was recommeded. It was season and we made reservations.
Let me preface this isn't a diner, it's a fairly pricey place. Which is sooooooo noisy you can't hear what the person across from you is saying.
We got seated everything fine.
Then the food came lol.
I Loved the She Crab Soup. They say it's made with the row of the crab. Don't know if i believe that, but it was a nice creamy soup good flavor and texture.
My "ceasar salad" came before we were done with apps. Not a cesar salad, a few lettuce thingies with a dressing of somekind on a very small salad dish.
Very very shortly after the salad came came my main dish. I felt like we were in a diner where they have to make a turnover. Very very annoying.
I ordered the scallops. I don't know what they were in but it was a gooey, horrible supposed to be butter sauce I think. Just awful.
My friend ordered crab Alfredo over pasta. I tasted it. You could have used it for wallpaper paste. Ugh!!
The sides at this place is some kind of potatoes, vegetable something, and rice. That comes with everything. Just like a Greek diner. And the rice sucks, dry and tasteless and hard. Probably been sitting in a pot all nite.
Even my friends chicken was awful, she didn't eat it and said its texture was funny. Probably precooked.
The long and short of it is this place is busy and they all rave about it. You can't have food that's really good with a big menu. For sure most of it isn't fresh. Good places have a small menu so it's quality not quantity.
So if your from a city with good food don't go here trust me. This city just doesn't know the difference.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Englewood, Florida
“GREAT VIEWS AND THE FOOD IS GOOD TOO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Even though I live here year round there are many tourists and "snowbirds" that frequent this lovely restaurant, but the food, views and service are well worth it.

Visited February 2013
Englewood, Florida
“A Special Celebration Kind of Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been going to the Gulfview Grill for over 12 years now, remembering it when it was half it's "now" size and when "chadwick's Beach" across the road didn't look quite like now. It has always been the kind of place where you took out of town visitors or went for special occasions. It is lovely inside and the sunsets are unforgetable although I prefer to experience them on the beach outside. The menu selection is varied. I have never had a bad experience there in all the times I've gone, both lunch and dinner, season and off-season. No matter where I dine, I always make reservations ahead of time if they accept them.

• Visited March 2013