“Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Weston's WannaB Inn

You added Weston's WannaB Inn to your Saves list
Weston's WannaB Inn
2.5 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   985 Gulf Blvd., Englewood, FL 34223 (Formerly Weston's Resort)   |
Springfield, NJ
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Directly on the Gulf, close enough to great bars and restaurants, far enough away from the hustle and bustle of main st tourism. Great staff, amenities, and views. Very nice pools, facility is very well kept and very clean. Will return again and again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Dover, OH.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've been driving my family over 1000 miles from Ohio to vacation on the gulf coast for many years. We have stayed in several different places, from Clearwater down to Sanibel, in our quest to find the perfect "old Florida" spot. Our search ended on August 10th, 2013 when we checked in for a week at Weston's! We were greeted by Bobby, the new property manager, and Jodie working at the front desk. Even though these ladies were both very busy, we received an extremely warm wecome and were made to feel at home instantly. We arrived nearly 2 hours before check in time, but our previously occupied room was already clean and ready, thanks to Westons housekeeping staff. All that was left to do was to fix a strange noise coming from the freezer. I did'nt notice any noise, but the maintenance man did. Bob (one of the friendliest and hardest working people I've ever met) gave a few twists of a screwdriver and all was well, and we still checked in over 1 1/2 hours early! Our room was completely remodeled, absolutely beautiful, and so clean my nurse/germaphobe wife had not one complaint. The gulf view through the full room-width sliding glass doors was AMAZING!! With the gulf to the West, Lemon bay to the East, and Stump Pass State Park to the south, we were surrounded by the best of what the gulf coast offers. And to the North was the only road going onto/off of the island, which dead ends at Stump Pass. No traffic, road noise, crowds, or tourist trap stuff anywhere in sight. And no ambient city light, so star gazing on the beach was breathtaking. Our unit was one of the more expensive ones. The cheaper units were referred to as "rustic". From what I saw, all that means is many updates, but not a complete remodel. Next year we will opt for a more economical unit, as they offer units to suit all budgets. I'll use the extra money to rent one of the their boats to explore Lemon Bay(again). 75$/day, plus fuel. You cant beat that with a stick! Nice rooms, beautiful grounds, wonderfull staff, and the BEST gulf front location I've found in 15 years of searching. As you all can see, I could go on and on and on. Feel free to contact me on Facebook, as I would be happy to answer any questions I can. Sincerely, Robert J. Lax Dover, Ohio

Room Tip: All rooms are literally steps from the beach, bay, state park, fishing/boat docks, pool, laundry roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom condo in the Nautilus Building. We had an oceanfront view. Very nice, clean, spacious and great location. Would love to stay a week next time . They had a 2 day minimum in the condo, but will rent for one night for an additional $50. We were in town for a wedding and didn't get to use any of the pools. Would definitely come back!!

Room Tip: Make sure if you want to be on beachfront to ask for it because they also have bay view rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed for 5 days recently and were quite disappointed. We booked an efficiency because there are only 3 of us but because my son is over the age of 2 we were charged $20 additional a day!! (He is 3) Not to mention we had to also pay $20 additional to park our boat at their dock. The facility was clean but nothing fancy. I had to wash a load of towels during our stay and had to pay for that as well. It just seemed like Westins could have been a little more accommodating rather than over charging and squeezing as much as possible out of its guests. Hubby and I plan to stay elsewhere next summer.

• Stayed July 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife & I travel throughout Florida from the panhandle to Miami. We like to hunt out the good Mom & Pop places. From past reviews on the old owners we were hesitant about staying at the Wanna Be Inn. We booked a weekend on the Gulf front 3rd floor room in the Sand Dollar. The building & rooms were completely renovated, clean & new. New appliances & central AC. The view was right on the gulf with a balcony. We were plesently suprised how nice it was. We launched our boat from their ramp & kept our boat on the private docks. Trailer parking is available also. They must have the only boat ramp on the Key. This resort has made a complete turn around, from the reviews of the past owner. It is now owned by a Canadian investment company that has invested Millons $ in it. The resort backs up to Stump Pass State Park. I took a walk on the beach around dusk towards the Sate Park & I was the only one there. Only down fall of the room was it had twin beds, which they stated they are in the process of replacing with larger beds. The WIFI was weak on the top floor. I would definately come back & stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seffner, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I took my family there and rented 2 efficiencies and 1 1-BR, at the Dolphin Retreat. All rooms were clean. A/C worked excellent. Appliances were in great working order. Only 2 minor drawbacks...Plumbing was a little slow (had to flush more than once) and did not realize that I had to do the cleaning myself, without extra cost.

The staff was very friendly. Atmosphere was calming and relaxing. Just what I expect from going to the beach.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Weston's staff and the Inn made my vacation five star, Thank You everyone for making me fill right at home. My Husband and I brought our 5 year old Grandson with us and having the Ocean at our front door and the pool at our back door was perfect,I can not wait to rent room 105 again.
The room was very clean,fresh linen's and plenty to last our entire stay.
The pool was so nice and clean,the beach is wonderful,they are making improvement,s everyday,but I thought it was perfect. If you happen to forget anything or need a grill all you have to do is ask and it appears.
I do not understand how anyone could not relax at this place, also let me mention the other guest that we met were like seeing old friends everyone was wearing a smile on thier face, I did not incounter any problems or rude people everyone really was wonderful.
If you want to relax on a beautiful beach were none bothers you and you do not have to worry about anything...Try Weston's if you can not be happy there... I really feel sorry for you, because nothing in this world would make you happy,also I love the WebSite It is perfect,I will upload the most beautiful sunset as soon as I unpack.
I really wanted to write this first and say Thank You also we will be back to stay again soon.
July 2013
Bonita Jean Connell

Room Tip: Room 105 is my choice, everything was perfect.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Weston's WannaB Inn? Share your experiences!