“I wouldnt recommend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South to your Saves list
Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2625 State Road 207, I-95 St. Augustine Beach Exit 311, Elkton, FL 32033 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Elkton
“I wouldnt recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011 via mobile

Just checked in here at the "quality" inn in elkton, fl. Honestly, there is much quality lacking. First of all, we had a reservation for two queens, and here we are with two doubles. The carpet and walls are dirty, there are limited tv channels, and they cut out to a gray screen every few minutes. The ice machine is broken, and I went to the front desk for ice, and as luck would have it, they dont have ice either. Cigarette burns in comforter...everything you do in not want in a hotel room...horrible...

• Stayed November 2011
Kelly G, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your experience here. The hotel had been the process of being taken over by a bank and there were limited resources available to maintain the property. There is a Ice Machine available for guests as well as guest laundry and vending. The current tv line up is about 20 channels including Showtime, ESPN, and others. Again I am very sorry for your experience here.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tombstone, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this motel for three nights 9/10-9/12/11. The service was terrible. The room wasn't vacuumed or cleaned, they couldn't even put out plastic glasses, soap, shampoo or face cloths. The carpet was stained. The grill on the A/C was broken. The Ice machine was broken. And the desk attendant gave my wife a hard time when she asked for Ice. The most unreasonable thing was their house keeping/cleaning staff hogging the breakfast area while guests were trying to get breakfast. (Choice said that was O.K.). I had one janitor person breathing down my neck while I tried to make a waffle. For gods sakes the staff needs to be cleaning the rooms, NOT EATING BREAKFAST THERE!!!
Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dania Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

When I checked in the manager Jeff was really nice. At first i thought my key cards didn't work but it was the door handle. First impression of my room was OMG can I get my money back. The room was musky, comforters had cigarette burns in them, even though it was suppose to be a non smoking room. Carpet felt wet, AC knob was broken, mold in bathroom, leaky toilet every time some one flushed. The drain was clogged, ceiling had dust all over it. The price was good and included breakfast, how ever no microwave or fridge and Ice machine was outta order. I don't think i would ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Alliance, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had booked this hotel online, and after driving 14 hours, we arrived and were assigned a smoking room, as we requested. The room smelled strongly of animals (cat and dog urine), and was incredibly filthy. All surfaces in the room were dusty and grimy. The carpet had huge black stains. There was a deep accumulation of dust on the TV screen, and the previous occupants had drawn pictures in it. How difficult is it for housekeeping to wipe off a TV screen? Apparently, very. Also, it seems they couldn't be bothered clean the toilet, shower, light switches or be bothered to wipe the huge greasy, muddy smears of hand (paw?) prints off the window.

There was a refrigerator in the room and the freezer and freezer drip pan had a lot of sticky oozing rotten food stuck to it. The door was broken. There was an upholstered bench in the room which, in addition to the filthy blotched, spotted upholstery on it, had someones initials carved in the back. The mirror was dirty as well. The bathroom walls were spotted and streaked and the shower curtain rod had brown, sticky drips under it all along. The bathroom light was brown inside with dirt.

I just looked at Forbe's Magazine's 10 most dirty hotels photo slide show, and not one of the photos was as BAD as this place was. We checked out before we brought our luggage into the room. I can say without hesitation that this was one of the dirtiest rooms I have ever seen.

I wish we had taken photos, but we just got out of there fast!

On a positive note, the manager was helpful in calling to find us another hotel down the road.

Room Tip: DO not stay in this place!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooksville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel, and it was a bit disapointing over the first stay last year. Overall the room could have been cleaner, paying attention to details, such as cleaning the floor corners and the sides of the furniture, not just the tops. Windows needed washing, rusty shower curtain bar and several marks on the wall needed to be painted. My biggest concern was in the daily housekeeping. The day I checked in the second bed was not made up, and one day my room was cleaned but the bed wasn't made. Isn't this part of the service I was paying for? I mentioned all these problems to Jeff, the manager and he promised me a better stay next year, they are in the process of revamping the rooms, so I will give it one more chance, if not improved I will go elsewhere. Breakfast was fine, front desk clerks helpful. Good price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
QualityInnElkton, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
We sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. We want you to know this is not the normal operations of our property. We have been working with our staff to insure these problems you had do not occur again. We know about the walls scuffs and are constantly retouching them as guests use the activity chairs and rub them against the wall. We do appreciate your feedback as it does allow us to better our product and services. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.
Dunnellon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Last weekend a friend of mine came from New York and we met at the beach in St. Augustine. We had decided to just "Get a room some where". We had tried at least 8 to 10 hotels from St. Augustine to Cresant beach, no vacancies. We then headed away from the beach to 95 and up an exit where we found my new best friend Vivien. She could tell that I was quite frazzled. We were hungry, tired, needed a shower, had been at the beach all day sun burned and I needed to get out of that car with those nine year old girls, and the husband. Vivien was just wonderful. We got two rooms with alittle space between, which was wonderful, right by the pool for the girls, hooked us up with a map to find something to eat, change for the laundry, laundry soap, extra towels and all with the sweetest smile on her face. Breakfast was wonderful also. They make great coffee. Thank you for the great experience, we will see you soon. Kim Mayfield

Room Tip: Go by the pool
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you Kim for your response. Vivian takes great pride in customer service as do all our Guest Service Agents. She has been an asset to our organization and your response just helps to prove that. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again on your next getaway. Thank you for allowing us to make your stay enjoyable.
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We left the Quality Inn at 3:00 A.M. , and left one of our suitcases behind. We didn't discover it till we were in Ga., so we called back, and Jeff found it, put it in a box, and told us to have a UPS or Fed X do a pick-up through a pre-pay.
UPS will pick up our suitcase tomorrow, and deliver it to us. Thanks, Jeff, and all the people at your Quality Inn.
Gratefully,
Howard and Gwen Tracy

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
QualityInnElkton, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Many of our guests leave items behind. Most of them are not valuable or as large as yours but we are always happy to respond to our guests request for getting their items back to them. We are located just off I-95 which is very convenient. Just 10 minutes from eateries and downtown St Augustine.
Stop again on your next trip back as we look forward to welcoming you again. Thank you for your response to TripAdvisor.

Been to Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South? Share your experiences!