My friends and I visited Saraii last week and this was a treat. We had planned a safari at Yala as we had a few friends that had come down to SL after a long time and they wanted to see wild life. We first chose Saraii as it was not too far from the Yala Junction and as we got a 20% discount coupon. Was not sure what to expect but I’m very happy about choosing this location. Here’s why –
1. Great food – Traditional food made by a local cook using local vegetables and fresh seafood, along with excellent curd and treacle (best I’ve ever had) and fresh fruits.
2. No “Green-washing” like most hotels – this place is truly green, they’ve used eco friendly material and local material to build the place and they try very hard to keep it carbon nutrel.
3. Simplicity and Relaxation – The place is simple yet comfortable. Perfect place to relax. Do not go to Saraii if you want comforts of a luxury hotel. But they make up with its uniqueness and taste.
4. Service – Excellent service, they aim to please at every point. Our request for tours, promptly arranged, last minute requests for food, accommodated.
5. Resourceful Staff – Our car decided to die on us at Saraii and the staff within 10 mins arranged for a mechanic to come check it out and find the problem and give us a temp solution in order for us to get back to Colombo safely.
All in all a great experience, (expect for the car fiasco) and I would gladly recommend anyone to visit.
Suggestions – Saraii would benefit more by adding on a few more Chalets and Tree Houses. Maybe a pool to help cool off on sunny days.
- Also Known As:
- Saraii Village Sri Lanka/Weerawila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saraii Village is a truely unique location that provides guests an eco - agro tourism experience. Located in an agro-forestry land in Wirawila, Hambantota District, in the Sourthern Province of Sri Lanka, Saraii offers you natural Mud Chalets and Tree Houses. You can make a reservation at Saraii and secure a mud chalet along with an amazing natural tree house and your own bathroom... You can also book individual units as well. Guests can enjoy different types of food and even pick your own fruits and vegetables from the Organically Certified agro land. WI-FI enabled. Restaurant and hang out area for you and your friends. The mud chalets are great for two people and can also be transformed to accommodate 5 people (as we can add single mattress to create extra beds). The tree houses also can be transformed to accommodate either a couple or a group. The larger tree house which we call Nest can accommodate 6 people, and the small tree house Crib can accommodate 4.This is a great place for a romantic getaway too as the mud huts have a large double bed and a private bathroom and the tree house can be prepared to give a special, romantic feel.Saraii Village is close to many interesting sites, such as the Yala Nature Reserve, Bundala Bird Santuray & Nature Reserve, Lunugamwehera Nature Reserve, Wirawila Tank, Kirinda Beach, great for surfing, diving, dolphine & whale watching. Famous religious site, Kataragama is located 30 - 45 mins away, with many more attractions available for you.We can arrange for responsible tours within the nature reserves and visits to places of interest around this location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Saraii Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.