“See a hostess fer seating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
tarpon springs
“See a hostess fer seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been here three times. The service has always been above and beyond so it baffles me to see all these bad service reviews. I did notice in a few that said they got no service, they said they also just walked up and sat or told a waitress where they would be sitting. There are multiple signs that say see a hostess (at the hostess stand inside) for seating. Perhaps the wait staff felt they were just taking in the view as we have seen people do when we were there. I just can't imagine this place being bad on service. The last time we went we kayaked up the river leaving one vehicle at the blue river run and one at the KP hole where we got into the river. When we were done kayaking and got back to blue river run my hubby realized he left his truck keys back in my car at the KP hole and we could not get into our truck so we walked over to swampys and had a meal as we waited for a cab back to KPH. After we finished our meal our cab still was not there and the manager was so nice as to allow a server who offered to take me back to the KP hole to get my car to give me a ride and even though I was soaking wet from the river, this server cheerfully aloud me to sit on the leather interior. This is a staff who has also gone above and beyond on three occasions to allow us to alter what they had on the menus so we could still eat vegetarian.

Visited July 2013

Beverly Hills, Florida
“Skip it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Very slow service even though not busy. Ordered catfish dinner with sweet potatoe fries.. the catfish were little bites that resembled clam strips..the fries were burnt black..should never have been plated. Never again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped here again after several months since our last visit. We ordered wings salad and po-boy sandwich. It was lunch time, but the place was only about 25% occupied. The wings took a good 15 minutes to be served. The hostess didn't provided flatware, so another delay. The wings were good. Nothing outstanding, but good. After another 10 minutes our server came by to check on our drinks that had sat empty for quite a while. Another 10 minutes and she's back asking if we'd like anything else. Yep, our lunch was never served. She said it would be right out. Really, didn't she just ask if we wanted anything else? I told her not to bother and we left for our last time.

Visited February 2014
Dunnellon, Florida
“no service is terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am a local. On 3 different occasions I have been to this location. They have a beautiful view of the Rainbow River & great outdoor seating. On all 3 occasions, my family and I choose to sit in the outdoor area & all 3 times we had to leave due to never being waited upon, even after waving our arms @ the waitress, getting up and walking to a waitress and asking for service, & even telling the waitress as we walked in where we would be sitting. All 3 times we waited a minimum of 15 minutes before resorting to any of the before listed crazy antics that we had to perform in an attempt to get service. We will NEVER go to this location again. 3 terrible experience is 3 too many.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great view, terrible service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Went there one evening, sat down out by the water, waitress was waiting on 2 tables and she looked over at us and never came to greet us, take a drink order, nothing! Then she started sweeping the deck! After sitting there for 20 minutes with NO service, we left. Then as we were walking out she looks at us and says, "Thank you, have a good night!" Really?!?!

• Visited February 2014