“Meranova is the home you don't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meranova Guest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunedin
Meranova Guest Inn
You added Meranova Guest Inn to your Saves list
458 Virginia Lane, Dunedin, FL 34698-5733   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunedin B&B and Inns
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Meranova is the home you don't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We have visited Meranove many times. Though we live close the the bed & breakfast, we plan 1 to 2 trips per year to be pampered by David and Frank. The grounds are beautifully maintained and each room uniquely designed. The hosts create an incredible experience for their guests with no detail overlooked. Breakfast is elegantly prepared and presented. Enthusiastically recommend this retreat.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely - especially the Asian
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Not only was the b&b perfectly landscaped, decorated and the food exceptional ...the little nicities ...like giveing us a few sprouts from one of their plants that we admired , the chocolate and brandy snifter at arrival , the newspaper in the am ...I could go on and on .....to top it off I forgot my sweater there and they sent it back to me without question ...even after i suggested a family member could pick it up ....trust me stay there ...you will be thrilled ....

michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We spent 4 days with David and Frank at their beautiful inn in downtown Dunedin. The location is wonderful for shopping, strolling and experiencing all of the great restaurants. But after Frank's exquisite gourmet breakfasts delivered in the morning, who wants to eat?
The grounds are relaxing, the units spacious with kitchenettes and carefully decorated. We felt welcome but not overwhelmed and were able to decompress after dealing with some stresses at home. It shows that David and Frank put a lot of themselves into restoring this historic home and the personal touches make it evident that this is a place that is well loved.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I'm not sure what more we can add to the deluge of praise for the Meranova here on TripAdvisor. I've never seen a better-reviewed or more deserving establishment. It really lives up.

My boyfriend and I just returned from our first trip to Dunedin to take in some Blue Jays spring training games. All we want to do is go back.

The Meranova is immaculate, beautifully appointed, very comfortable. David and Frank are the definition of hospitable and the breakfasts are, as everyone raves, fantastic. The grounds are gorgeous. The pool is perfect. The inn is a 10 minute walk from Florida Auto Exchange Stadium and just steps from all sorts of restaurants and the Pinellas Trail.

I think the only real lesson we learned was: listen to David. If he says a place has good food, it does. If he says you don't need to take the ferry to Caladesi Island because you can have just as lovely a time at one of the beach spots anywhere along the Dunedin Causeway: he's right.

Homosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We have stayed at the Meranova about 10 times over the past few years and have been remiss in not reviewing it. This is the gold standard of B&B's for us. The rooms are immaculate. We like to visit here to steal decorating ideas to use at home -- seriously.
The suites are very comfortable and homey. The breakfasts are to die for. We have spoken with other guests who have had relatives say that they would like to go out for breakfast and they said "No way!" The location is in a lovely downtown area with plenty of restaurants and little shops. The beach is a short drive or bike ride away at Honeymoon Island.
We have stayed at several top rated inns in Trip Advisor and I would put the Meranova right up there with any of them.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Seriously, these guys can't help but provide a great room & experience.
Details/Details/Details!!! Right down to the coffee in the room which was eye-poppingly GOOD! I mean, I have NEVER had a really good cup of coffee in a hotel or a B&B room (has anyone?) But these guys found some special European blend that knocked our socks off~~~
AND BREAKFAST!!!!
Forget about it; Simply sublime.......
Thanks guys!
p&w

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

What an amazing experience! My Wife & I as many are busy professionals with two young children and the rare overnight getaway together is a cherished commodity. While searching the internet for a relatively close place to enjoy our 24hr getaway I came across the Meranova Guest Inn. Without reading any reviews, I called to get more information about availability and rates. My call was warmly answered by one of the owners Frank, who quickly won me over with his more than friendly and very helpful persona. I booked the cottage room, and thought..... Even if the facilities are just nice, Frank was helpful enough that it will work out fine. On his recommendation we arrived to the Meranova before noon of Saturday to start our overnight stay.
Upon arriving, we were very impressed with the exterior condition of the main building, and the very mature and very well maintained landscaping that surrounded the property. We were warmly greeted (by name) by the co-owner David, who made us feel more like we were arriving at an extended family members home as opposed to a place of business, and from that moment on we had forgotten we were actually customers and not longtime friends. David offered to show us our accommodations and we proceeded to follow him to the outside cottage.
Upon entering our room, I was surprised by the large size of the room we would be staying in. The room was divided into three separate sections, a very nice sleeping area, a sitting area with couch and table, as well as a kitchen area with dinette for two. The room also had a private bathroom with shower that was just as well put together as the rest of the cottage. The look on my wife’s face quickly let me know that I had done very well.
We spent the rest of the day in the beautiful and quaint town of Dunedin, eating lunch, shopping, and admiring Victorian style homes that were all 100 years or older, and really getting a sense of what it may have been like in old Florida. After having a wonderful dinner at one of many restaurants recommended by the Meranova we came back for a nightcap in the romantic and softly lit gardens on the property….A perfect end to a wonderful day.
The next morning we awoke at will to find the Sunday paper waiting on the door step and a pot of coffee ready to be brewed. After calling David to let him know we were awake and ready for breakfast he conveyed we were able to have breakfast wherever we pleased but recommended we eat under the gazebo in the garden. At this point in our stay and after being so impressed with the facility and the smallest details that were paid attention to, I quickly agreed to the gazebo garden breakfast. Perfect!...as was everything the Meranova had offered us thus far, breakfast was no exception and was a perfect beginning to the last day of our stay. We enjoyed the next two hours slowly eating delicious food, fresh coffee, reading the morning paper, and watching the town of Dunedin slowy come to life on a Sunday morning.
As the realization our time to head back to Tampa to relive the grandparents from babysitting duty started to set in, it dawned on both of us that Frank, David, and the Meranova were able to do in one day what Doctors, and prescriptions were not..... Bring us to a tranquil and completely relaxed state of mind and remind us to slow down and enjoy the simple things every once in a while.
Thanks, and hat’s off to both of you.

Rich & Heather Holley

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Meranova Guest Inn? Share your experiences!