“how bad can it get? This bad” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 144 Restaurants in Dunedin
Timbuktu, Mali
“how bad can it get? This bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We waited over an hour and a half for bacon and eggs. the bacon is so cheap it looked liked paper. after waithig that long we thought we would eat anything. My husband and I couldn't eat any of it. His "over easy" eggs were hard. And, once again, I think that the reason the meal was so cheap is because the bacon was made out of wood. The "regulars" -- old people who stay here in Florida for the winter were even vocally complaining.

This place is horrible. If you do wait an hour or more for breakfast it's not like you get a good meal for you wait, It is the worst place I've ever eaten in.

Visited January 2013

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great little place to gather and enjoy a breakfast just like my grandma would make. Seriously great breakfasts at reasonable prices.

Visited March 2013
Carbondale, Illinois
“Very inexpensive, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place for breakfast. Has all the traditional breakfast items and it is very inexpensive. Friendly place with good service. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Vestal, New York
“Great for Breakfast !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

For us, this was the ideal breakfast spot. The food was good and tasty and the price was a value; as well, it was very close to our hotel so it was a win win for breakfast. Didn't love the breakfast potatos, but the egg wrap, chicken fried steak and eggs, and standard egg & toast breakfast was sufficient. The waitresses were nice enough. Both times we went here, though, they did almost charge us for drinks that we didn't have but when we mentioned the error, they quickly fixed it. Seemed clean and friendly with a number of 'regulars' enjoying breakfast, so definitely worth a thumbs up.

Visited February 2013
Dunedin, Florida
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Can't believe that we've lived in Dunedin over three years and just "discovered" this unassuming little restaurant. Might have taken longer if an out-of-towner hadn't recommeded it to me a week or so ago. She said that the prices were great, and the food delicious and plentiful. She was absolutely right. Husband had chopped steak and grilled onions, cooked perfectly. One of his favorites, he claimed he hadn't had any this good in many, many years. I ordered meatloaf, and nearby diners were staring at the plate due to the enormity of the serving. They finally asked if it was the meatloaf, and after taking a few bites, I had to tell them that it was delicious. Not only was the food delicious and plentiful, but the atmosphere was fun, with diners talking with each other, and some banter back and forth between the very busy lone server and some of the regulars.
Was service perfect? Absolutely not. Was it a good experience? A definite YES!
I just had to try the hot fudge brownie sundae ($3.65), which turned out to be gigantic and out of this world dreamy, and big enough to share. I took home over half my meal for another meal or two at home. Total bill including bottomless coffee & soft drink and the dessert was $20.66. We both enjoyed the total experience, and look forward to going back. I am only sorry that it took us so long to try this gem of a restaurant.

• Visited March 2013