“Food good, service, not-so-much....” 4 of 5 stars

727-786-2222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pensare Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 144 Restaurants in Dunedin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Food good, service, not-so-much....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We dined at Pensare for the first time recently. My expectations were met as far as the food goes. Everything was very good, especially enjoyed the caesar salad. I had the eggplant appetizer as an entree and needed a to-go box! My husband had the veal piccata which he said was very good as well (although he would've preferred pasta to mashed potatoes for his starch, but the server never offered this option).
Now for the service...our server NEVER introduced himself to us. He only spoke with us very briefly during the entire meal and that was to take our order. He did attend to drink refills as needed (without asking) and brought the pepper grinder around for us when our food came. However, he WAS VERY PREOCCUPIED the entire time he served us and rushed us through every course. We wondered if he was on drugs!
Also of note is this place is small, cramped and loud. Not conducive to quiet intimate conversation...
For this reason, I cannot give a higher rating. We will return to Pensare for the FOOD, but hope and pray we have a decent waiter next time. The guy who served us should not be working in an establishment like this!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dunedin, Florida
“Great meal & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had my retirement dinner here and it was great. The meal was enjoyed by everyone and we sat out on the porch. It was hot in May (the one day this year it was hot in May), but the owner brought out fans. Food was good, service was good and I was with my friends. This is now our primary go to restaurant in downtown Dunedin for a more upscale dinner.

• Visited April 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Awesome Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Called around 5 PM and made a reservation for two to sit outside on their patio for dinner. Glad I made the phone call since it was Saturday evening and very busy. I had the classic Veal Piccata dish which was truly exceptional. Laura had the Chicken Marsala over linguini pasta which was awesome too. If you order these dishes make sure you get it over the linguini not with the potatoes.

The chocolate dessert was exceptional as well. Finally, the owner Mike stopped by and introduced himself. Kudos Mike!

Bon appetite

• Visited May 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I dine at Pensare often , This is a experience of true Itailian cuisine, coming from a true Italian family !! Just returned from Italy and Pensare is like dining in the Mother Land !! Don't pass up this experience of fine dining !! Excellent service !!!!! Arrivederci !!!!!

• Visited May 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Last night we ate at this restaurant and had a lobster ravioli with a vodka sauce that was out if thus world!!! It was the best I have ever had anywhere including in the northeast. It was beautifully presented and the sauce was just perfect. Our waiter could not have been more attentive. Even the bread was excellent. I could have made a meal of the bread and vodka sauce! We also tried a tortellini with sausage and a Marsala sauce which was very good as well but the lobster ravioli was to die for. I have also tried the eggplant appetizer and thought it was delicious-the flavors of the eggplant, cheeses and sauce were perfectly blended. We will be back again